Print

Author Topic: Mario news round-up from today's Nintendo 3DS Direct  (Read 5793 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
Nintendo announced three more games starring Mario and friends during the Nintendo 3DS Direct earlier today.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - New additions to this version include interactive lessons and 100 built-in courses. Unfortunately, a small number of course-creation tools from the original won't be available (exact number unknown), and there's no online sharing, but players can download "select courses from the Wii U version," according to a press release from Nintendo. Players can start making Marios on Nintendo 3DS on December 2 in both the U.S. and Europe.

Mario Sports Superstars - The latest Mario sports game will support local and online multiplayer for each of its five sports: baseball, golf, horse racing, soccer, and tennis. Mario Sports Superstars will sit on the sidelines until Spring of next year.

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World - Yoshi's Woolly World is coming to the 3DS with added stages made just for Poochy. This version is set to release on February 3 in both the U.S. and Europe.

amiibo - In amiibo news, a yarn Poochy figure will release alongside Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World on February 3.

Links:
Nintendo 3DS Direct 9.1.2016 (NOA)
NOA news
NOE news
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:07:23 AM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »
It hurts.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 10:37:01 PM »
Weird things:
  • Mario Maker 3DS has a mode that only works because other people are playing a version of the game on a different console
  • Mario Maker 3DS isn't using amiibo support as a selling point to get people to buy New 3DSes. Do they think they have a better shot of getting people to buy Wii Us?
  • Superstars has golf and tennis even though [or because?] there are already full Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games on the 3DS
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print