Print

Author Topic: 5-piece sentences  (Read 4042 times)

« on: July 21, 2002, 06:24:57 PM »
For each puzzle below, use exactly 5 of the 9 pieces to make a Mario fact. Here's a sample.

IS A GAMECUBE
MELEE
SMASH
IS AN N64
SUPER
GAME
PUZZLE
MARIO
BROS.

The correct answer is "Super / Smash / Bros. / is an N64 / game". Notice that you can also form the statement "Super / Smash / Bros. / Melee / is a GameCube / game". This is also true, but it uses 6 pieces. This will not do! Can you find the answers to the following puzzles? Do you have more puzzles to add?

1. SMB3
WORLD 5
OF
WORLD 1
IGGY
WENDY
SMW
RULES
WORLD 2
--CashCrazed

2. BOWSER
PEACH
LUIGI
TIME LIMIT
YOSHI
VS MODE
MARIO
HAS THE SHORTEST
IN YOSHI'S COOKIE'S

3. CHERRY IN
A STARMAN
VEGETABLE IN
EVERY FIFTH
WILL GET YOU
A CLOCK
EVERY TENTH
LARGE
SMB2

----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

Edited by - Anonymous Mario Fan on 7/22/2002 8:10:16 PM
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 07:55:14 PM »
1. something to do with mario
2. something to do with mario
3. something to do with mario
I have one that is only 4 pieces long
CONFUSING
THIS
REALY
IS
Can you figure it out?

Listenin'' to the Music, Hearin'' people scream, Sittin'' in the waiting room, readin'' crappy magazines! With a tooth ache, this it pal! Root canal! My molars are impacted, I''m gettin'' gum disease, I''m gonna need some fillings, I''ve got twelve cavities! Can ya help me? Have mercy Doctor please!

Edited by - Super Mario 123187 on 7/22/2002 6:57:22 PM
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 08:16:47 PM »
1.IGGY-RULES-WORLD 1-OF-SMW
2.no idea, never played Yoshi's cookie
3.1.EVERY FIFTH-VEGETABLE IN-SMB2-WILL GET YOU-A CLOCK
3.2.EVERY FIFTH-CHERRY IN-SMB2-WILL GET YOU-A STARMAN
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 09:13:15 PM »
1 is correct. See? Not so hard if you know Mario. Both your answers to 3 may look correct now, but as it turns out one is wrong because of a subtle trap.

----------
----------

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2002, 10:49:33 AM »
Were my answers right? They have to do with Mario right? So tecnically there are all right! Woo Hoo! Alrighty then! Someone try to figure mine out. Thanks! Ciao!

Super Mario, Super Mario, Super Mario
World.
Super Mario World! Its a blast from the past! In Super Mario World, Ya got to move fast!
Mario and Luigi are doin'' what they can,
Yoshi and the Princess are givin them a hand!
Super Mario
World
Super Mario World! Its a blast from the past! In Super Mario World, ITS A BLAST!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 11:56:47 AM »
I had already noticed "LARGE" was in there, but it had to be 5 pieces long, right? And the normal "vegetable" in SMB2 is considered the bigger ones, while smaller ones are called "the unripened vegetables.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 12:01:52 PM »
I have one(many answers)

BORING
STUPID
IS
CHILDISH
MARIO IS MISSING
POINTLESS
AWFUL
THE WORST MARIO GAME EVER MADE
AND

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2002, 01:20:45 PM »
Frostbite is gonna hate this thread now. . .

----------
----------

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2002, 07:07:36 PM »
Hey, the worst Mario game EVER made is either Hotel Mario or DK for Atari 2600.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2002, 05:02:58 PM »
Shut up.

Donkey Kong rules, and I'm sure Hotel Mario does too, and I doubt you've tried it.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2002, 07:31:25 PM »
Donkey Kong for arcade and NES is good... but for ATARI 2600?!?!?! THE CHARACTERS ARE SINGLE BLOCKS! Everything is 0.5 frames per second! There are two levels!!! Oh my god, this game is an abomination compared to arcade DK.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2002, 08:41:35 PM »
"BORING
STUPID
IS
CHILDISH
MARIO IS MISSING
POINTLESS
AWFUL
THE WORST MARIO GAME EVER MADE
AND"

????!!!!????

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2002, 09:10:03 PM »
I'd rather play a monochrome 2x2 pixel resolution game where a pixel representing Mario moves around the four-pixel board than that god-awful Mario is Missing game!

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2002, 09:16:16 PM »
You know what? Now I'm starting to like Mario is Missing, now that I realize that it's better than moving a pixel around on four squares.

----------
----------

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2002, 11:34:16 AM »
Yes! You finally see the light!

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Print