Print

Author Topic: Advertising Websites?  (Read 4260 times)

« on: March 04, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »
Yeah, I know it's against the rules, but I've seen some people posting topics asking for help on their website. Is it considered advertising?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:55:05 PM »
The only time it's tolerated is when the person posting their site is legitimately asking for help with it---and NOT "help" getting pageviews.
Otherwise it's blatant advertising.

Documenting a site source you used for info isn't advertising. Asking people to "check out this site!" is. Advertising also includes asking people to check out someome ELSE'S site, too. Looks like that's what your sig's doing, BTW. I recommend changing it.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »
I might get yelled at for this, but is including a site as your site in your profile considered advertising?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 08:02:11 PM »

Documenting a site source you used for info isn't advertising. Asking people to "check out this site!" is. Advertising also includes asking people to check out someome ELSE'S site, too. Looks like that's what your sig's doing, BTW. I recommend changing it.

Ya i just noticed that and I changed it. You're too fast XD.

I might get yelled at for this, but is including a site as your site in your profile considered advertising?

No. I think.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »
No; that's where you're SUPPOSED to link your site if you have one and want to.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:44:08 PM »
If you want people to know about your site, do something like Hyrulian and I did a while back. It was better for us AND TMK. Our topic was called "Post your Zelda questions here!", so just take that as an example if you're trying to stay under the advertising limits. Or better, just ask a mod or admin.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 02:17:24 AM »
You know why advertising is bad? Scroll to the very top of the page. Who likes commercials? The links in our profiles are catalogs, which you voluntarily look through. Those up there are commercials.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »
Why was it that all of my "Help Me On My Site" topics got deleted?
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:27 PM »
Because you only really need one?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print