Poll

Should mods, who shall remained unnamed, manually censor swear words?

Yes
5 (22.7%)
No
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Censoring  (Read 60196 times)

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
After months of reading a Fungi Forums filled with torrents of swearing, racist jokes, sexist jokes, Nigel Thornberry licking his nipple, and drawings of cocks, I decide to start posting again, make one gag about the real highest rated handheld game (if you know what I mean) and it gets deleted in a few hours. Not edited, deleted.

What. The. Heck.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
Dangit, why do I always miss these things? At least, I think I missed it... Can you clue me in, here?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »
What other clues do you need.
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »
Can you clue me in, here?

Think ShadowBrain. The highest rated handheld game.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
SB, it's shocking that you of all members should have difficulty deciphering a groan-tastic double entendre.

Anyway, I agree that deleting LD's comment was a tad ridiculous. I never saw it, but I'll assume that it was a reasonable facsimile to what was mentioned above.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »
It's hilarious because I remember I once made a similar reference and it was Lizard Dude who edited my post and left it blank except for his edit line.

How do you like them apples?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
I'm just going with the times here. If it was back when I was a mod, the comment would not have been acceptable. I would not have made it myself, either.

But just now I came from a thread with six posts in a row talking about grinding weiners. I'm upset that my post was deleted when many far worse posts are made and tolerated every day, even if you have the profanity filter on.

What I'm saying is Chupperson Weird hates me because I think the Xbox 360 is better than the PlayStation 3.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »
Think ShadowBrain. The highest rated handheld game.
Oh...

You're kidding me. That was deleted? There was no accompanying picture, or anything? Yeah, I can think of a ton of posts, most of them mine, that are way worse than that.

Obviously, it just comes down to the individual mod (was it CW who deleted it, or what?), but I'm not even sure Sapphira would've done that...

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
The post read:

Actually, the highest rated handheld game ever made is m___________.

(Originally uncensored.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
Hey whoa whoa, I didn't touch that post, sir. Someone else committed this post-murder.
That was a joke.

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »
Hmm.

Well, Suffix and Sapphira haven't been online since August. I guess that leaves Deezer.

Maybe he's trying to keep Mario Chat as the last bastion of cleanliness?

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
It was Black Mage. He was on earlier today and still occasionally censors.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
But of course. I just saw
Chupperson Weird hates me because I think the Xbox 360 is better than the PlayStation 3.
and assumed the worst.

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »
Doesn't SMF come with a moderator log?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »
Woah there. Don't jump to conclusions. It wasn't me, I didn't even see the post.

Unlike some of you guys I have to work during the day.

Print