Print

Author Topic: Rumor: SSBB online and in Japan Nov. 22nd  (Read 6702 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:25:37 AM »
Multiple Japanese retailers are listing Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a November 22nd release, meaning they'll get it a few days before the US. However, it's what else these merchants are listing that's more interesting: They confirm that SSBB will take advantage of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Websites, blogs, and even print mags have been reporting such news for a few months, but nothing has been officially confirmed by Nintendo. However, with these many retailers on board, some believe it's only a matter of time.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:01 PM »
Unlike a certain LD-type person, I believe a Super Smash Bros. Brawl without online matches would be a huge mistake. Sure, at this time with connection speeds and all it'd be a little slow and laggy, but in a few years it'll be perfect. That LD-type person I mentioned before believes a more likely feature would be downloading new additions to the game via the shop channel. While this is a brilliant idea, it'd make a lot of whiny, Wi-fi-less people... whine, more. And I'd rather have online fights, personally.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »
I doubt there will be extra downloadable content for Brawl, considering that the Wii only has 512 MB of internal flash memory. I think most players would not mind the small amountof lag possible with Brawl, since the LD-type person said that the "pr0s" (to use this person's term) are the ones that complain about the lag in Melee when using a WaveBird.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
Online could happen, could not. As for Japan getting it a little bit before us... this is new?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 12:43:15 PM »
Man, the Japanese are SO lucky sometimes...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
Wasn't Wi-fi connection the whole reason for creating brawl.
Didn't it say on the old site that Miyamoto or Iwata(I forget) Asked Sakurai to work on a wi-fi compatible version of melee for the Wii, when Sakurai said he'd rather just create a whole new game?

And Japanese don't always get the big games first, for starters, NA got Twilight Princess, AND Super Paper Mario before Japan. Even EU and AUS got Strikers before Japan, but that was obviously because the popularity of soccer in those areas.

The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
I always found it odd that we got the DS before Japan. I remember feeling a small sense of pride...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »
Pride, what? Does anyone have patience!? We got Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga first, and what happens? Japan gets heart blocks. Right now, people in Ethiopia are waiting for December 3rd because they're promised food on that day.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:37:41 AM »
people in Ethiopia are waiting for December 3rd because they're promised food on that day.
Way to bring down the mood! haha(Poor Etheopia) :(
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »
Wasn't Wi-fi connection the whole reason for creating brawl.
Didn't it say on the old site that Miyamoto or Iwata(I forget) Asked Sakurai to work on a wi-fi compatible version of melee for the Wii, when Sakurai said he'd rather just create a whole new game?

I'm sorry for the bump, but...
LOL
WUT.
Wi-Fi Connection isn't the reason behind creating Brawl. And that's that.

In terms of the rumors, wow, I didn't hear about this or notice this topic until just now. Well, it wouldn't really surprise me if Japan got it before us, and it most certainly is not a shocker that Brawl is going to be online. If of some space-time disruption Brawl does not have online capabilities, I will shave my head completely, don a pink wig, and cosplay as Sakura Haruno for one entire day.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 06:29:25 PM »
If of some space-time disruption Brawl does not have online capabilities, I will shave my head completely, don a pink wig, and cosplay as Sakura Haruno for one entire day.

I'm holding you to that.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 06:41:28 PM »
If SSBB isn't online, that's fine with me. I really don't care either way.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »
I'm holding you to that.
And we'll need photographic evidence, or it never happened.  >:D
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print