Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Bundle in Europe?  (Read 6983 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:46 PM »

It seems as if Mario Kart Wii is all over the place, and rightly so, with the release date just around the corner. However, this latest little tidbit concerning the game is hard to believe. Rumors are circulating on the internet states that Nintendo is planning a Wii system bundle that would include Mario Kart Wii and retail for €199,99, along with a price cut of €149,99 for the Wii Sports package. The rumor also mentions a possible third bundle that would come with two controllers and two games. The big change is expected to hit sometime in the middle of May.

Honestly, I could see the MKWii bundle, but the price cut seems too soon and the "two games" bundle seems too general for me. Voice your opinion in the Fungi Forums!

Link: n4g.com/wii
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »
Hmmmmmmm... New bundle and/or price cut, eh? Maybe I'm being too hasty on my Wii purchasing...

EDIT: Oh. "In Europe."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »
Seems fishy, but that does honestly seem to me like the new Wii Sports (as in attempting to bridge the gamer gap).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:55:17 AM »
Update: Nintendo has officially commented on the rumor, saying they have no announcements regarding a price drop or bundles at this time.

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
On the one hand, I have a hard time seeing Nintendo doing a price cut with demand still as high as it is.

On the other hand, if they don't have a price cut soon, the 360'll be cheaper. And Microsoft is rumored to be making their own Wiimote.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
Mario better watch the road or else he might crash into that giant Wii-remote.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
^ LOL

Update: Nintendo has officially commented on the rumor, saying they have no announcements regarding a price drop or bundles at this time.
Do they ever?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »
Not for Wii, no.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:36:22 AM »
No, I mean, like, does Nintendo ever have "any announcements regarding" anything?

(Rhetorical question, just in case you can't tell)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
I love how Mario on the box is pretty much floating while there's a shadow of a kart beneath him.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
Hey Hey, I do my best with the resources given, ok? Trust me if Nintendo makes this legit I'm sure my craptacular fake box will get p'wned.

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
I love how Mario on the box is pretty much floating while there's a shadow of a kart beneath him.
Whoa I never noticed that until now!  Usually those intentionally incorrect shadows are more obvious.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
Hey Hey, I do my best with the resources given, ok? Trust me if Nintendo makes this legit I'm sure my craptacular fake box will get p'wned.
Wait, you made that? Nice job, man...

Print