Print

Author Topic: Mario and Zelda Characters to Appear in Wii U Scribblenauts  (Read 7314 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
It seems that the Wii U version of the upcoming Scribblenauts Unlimited will include characters from both the Mario and Zelda series.  Promotional artwork shows Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi hanging out with Scribblenauts protagonist Maxwell as well as with a few other Nintendo friends (Link, Zelda, Epona and a Goron.)  Sadly, it appears that the Nintendo characters can't be modified in any way, unlike nearly everything else in the game.

More details to come later, we assume.

Source: WB Interactive Press Release
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
"What do you require of us, your highness?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
Why no modifications, though?
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
They kinda remind me of BP's art style. Yoshi in particular.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »
Why no modifications, though?

Players might make Mario look different from how he's looked in every game since NSMB, which would be terrible.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Oh no. We wouldn't want those iconic reds of his to be white, blue, or a penguin.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
What are modifications? Does that mean like, no Caped Mario, or Firey Mario, or.. *Link with similar power ups*?

Also, what about Kirby characters? Could this mean comic 189 of BitF could become a reality (well.. sorta..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 11:20:09 AM »
Starting in Super Scribblenauts you could apply adjectives to any item that changes their properties, behavior, sometimes supply them with more items or could just change their color. My personal favorite set of adjectives is "Invincible Amazing Flying Electric Magic Hypnotic [item, usually a hammer]" which summons a nigh-indestructible item that summons flying polkadotted bathtubs, levitates, electrocutes what you hit with it, shoots magic balls that instantly either blow up or spawn bouquets or exploding Starites... and being near it gives inanimate objects sentience.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
Will the 3DS have it too?
Good sir

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:27:02 PM »
No. The 3DS version was already completed by the time the negotiations started, so they only had time to add them to the Wii U version.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
Thanks
Good sir

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
Starting in Super Scribblenauts you could apply adjectives to any item that changes their properties, behavior, sometimes supply them with more items or could just change their color. My personal favorite set of adjectives is "Invincible Amazing Flying Electric Magic Hypnotic [item, usually a hammer]" which summons a nigh-indestructible item that summons flying polkadotted bathtubs, levitates, electrocutes what you hit with it, shoots magic balls that instantly either blow up or spawn bouquets or exploding Starites... and being near it gives inanimate objects sentience.

Mm mm class based inheritance.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »
Well, now I know which version I'm getting. XD

By not being able to modify, do you mean the game's new feature or adjectives?

Also, you could summon Konami characters in the Japanese version of Super Scribblenauts. There's Solid Snake, Vic Viper, and Alucard.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:06:04 PM by Electric »
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Looked it up. You can't edit Nintendo characters in the object editor or by using adjectives. And I wanted to control an army of Zombie Yoshis. :(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:19:33 PM by Electric »
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Print