Print

Author Topic: The Mario Game Nobody Wanted Now Up on Wii U Virtual Console for 30 Cents  (Read 7659 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »
In case you weren't reading the News posts here at TMK, Yoshi is now available for 30 cents.

Is there anyone out there who actually likes this game?  I mean, it's better than Mario Pinball Land, I suppose, and I did play more of it than I ever played of Wario: Master of Disguise, but... it's Yoshi.

So, yes, hurry, as you really wouldn't want to miss out on Yoshi... right?

(For you fine folks at home, feel free to suggest Mario titles worse than Yoshi here...)
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
The title led me to think it was Mario is Missing!.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »
When I first read that the next 30 cent game was going to be "Yoshi," I thought it would be the critically acclaimed and popular SNES game "Yoshi's Island," not the obscure NES puzzle game "Yoshi."

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:34 AM »
Dude, YI on VC would be awesome. The headline for that should be The Mario Game Everybody Wanted.

I don't recall ever playing Yoshi.. How was it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
Pretty awful. You can watch gameplay on YouTube, but you'll want your 30 seconds back.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 08:22:16 AM »
Wario's Woods is a billion X better than Yoshi.  And that was in the original AC.  But you want WORSE games than Yoshi?  Okay let's see...

-Urban Champion
-DK Jr. Math
-Pinball
-Tennis
-Soccer
-Baseball

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »
Dude, YI on VC would be awesome. The headline for that should be The Mario Game Everybody Wanted.

I don't recall ever playing Yoshi.. How was it?
There's actually a reason for YI not being on VC. Their SNES emulator probably doesn't have Super FX support yet.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
I know and sort of understand that, but then how did they make the GBA port..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
It probably wasn't an emulator, but an actual port. As in, they converted the game to run natively on the GBA.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
There's apparently some licensing issues with the Super FX chip. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason they're putting GBA games on the Wii U is just so they could at least get some form of Yoshi's Island on there.

And yeah, the GBA wasn't powerful enough to emulate the SNES (the DS barely is, even for games without any extra chips), so all those SNES ports had to be programmed for the GBA from the ground up.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
Hey, I wouldn't complain; extra levels!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »
Actually. I am a player who loves this game. In fact, I used to play it all the time when I was a little kid, next to Yoshi's Cookie, it was one of my first puzzle games. Sure it wasn't the best puzzle for whatever the reason, but I've always enjoyed Yoshi for what it is, especially for the music. I like Yoshi enough that I still keep improving my scores and trying to see how far I can go in Type B. ^^

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »
Why Sur, as a guy who played more then 37 hours of the game on my way to college for 2 years, I would like to agree to disagree with your notion that it's a game that it's a Mario game that nobody wanted.

Here's proof if anybody is anybody needs it.

Also I honestly believe that this game was monumental due to the fact a young GameFreak made the game and that it's success helped fund Pokemon Red and Green when Nintendo gave up on helping to fund the game.

But yeah I would of payed more then just 30p for the game on the Wii U.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
Yes David, I liked Yoshi, as a matter of fact.

I also liked Mario Pinball Land AND Wario: Master of Disguise. ;-)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print