Print

Author Topic: A Letter from the Princess...  (Read 20618 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay.
Well the Wii's outselling everything else, that's a good start...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay. Who cares if the graphics aren't HD? It's the game that really offers the experience. People still play Super Mario Bros., and that has 8-bit graphics. Graphics are really just a gameplay enhancer, to offer a more realistic or eye-pleasing experience. Once people realize that you don't need incredibly realistic graphics or super charged systems to have fun gaming, the gaming world will be a better place.

P.S. I'd also like to say, as people would probably point this out, that there are great games with amazing graphics. Examples include Gears of War, Twilight Princess, Halo (3), and Motorstorm (there, at least one for each system.) I'm just trying to say that graphics don't make the game. They enhance it.

Nicely put. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »
Y'know, I see a lot of people saying "it's going to be the downfall for Sony" or, "Sony's doomed!" or, "They've dug their own grave!", but people are just looking at the PS3: In truth, the PS2 is actually outselling the 360 and PS3 (cannibalism!), and is still the 2nd or 3rd best selling system in North America. That's what Reggie said at Nintendo's media summit '07. I guess Sony has the good 'ol PS2 to lean on if it's PS3 breathern fails. In that sense, Sony isn't entirely failing at the home console market.

The letter on Nintendo's website was pretty corny. I'm, c'mon Nintendo. Could you be anymore pompous? The tables could turn at any moment...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:31:38 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
Team Ico just needs to survive and continue to make breathtakingly amazing games for something besides Sony.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
The tables could turn at any moment...
Again, they COULD. Evidence: They HAVE. Nintendo has grasped this generation. So why not take a moment to bask in the light and then get back to work? A little confidence never hurt anyone.
And sure, sure, if Sony is able to keep everything afloat with new PS2 games alongside PS3 games, then that's great. Whatever works. I don't think it'd work so well if Nintendo kept making GameCube games though. Different situations for Nintendo and Sony, so different strategies are required.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »
PSX kept going for a couple years after PS2 came out. I expect PS2 to do the same regardless of PS3's outcome.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »
Hm, a little pride before the fall?

As for the PS3, It may me the victim of a self fulfilling prophecy. It may have what it takes, but people tend to jump on the proverbial bandwagon. well, that's capitalism for ya.

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 02:51:39 PM »
They make Peach sound like a total moron.

So that's why I thought she sounded in character!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »
Hey, man, don't dis the Princess.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »
I couldn't resist.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »
Peach in the RPGs (or Toadstool in SMRPG's case) > Peach anywhere else. She doesn't really do anything in the Mario & Luigi games but get kidnapped and stuff, but at least she doesn't conclude that someone is Bowser's son at the statement that she is his mother. She even CHEATED in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!! by teaming up with a three-eyed mutant!! Her role in Super Mario Galaxy had better be good...
...'Cause her fate is always in my hands. My hands hold the controller.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 04:59:33 AM »
She even CHEATED in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!! by teaming up with a three-eyed mutant!!
Once in awhile I just read a sentence on these boards and think, "Man we are Mario geeks. Really really big ones. Yes, massive."

This is one of those times.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
Are you referring to Daisy's third eye on SSBM?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Yes. It's all the evidence we need. Daisy cheats in Mario Kart!
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Does Luigi know? Does anyone know? Peach could be cheating and not even know it!

Print