Print

Author Topic: Banjo Blows Up Mario  (Read 32354 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »
In this article, it says you can drive the giant Mario.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
Actually, it sounds like you can build vehicles in various shapes, meaning that Mario isn't necessarily a main inclusion, just user-created content much like the recent mushroom in Boom Blox video.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
Looks like Rare has some promising new characters, "Pimp Frog" and "35-Year-Old Unemployed Rhino Who Still Visits High School Girl's Basketball Games".

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:27:00 PM by Ambulance Y »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
New Title:

"Banjo Kazooie: Pimp my Ride"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 09:51:16 PM »
I guess making Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't a big enough middle finger towards Nintendo...

I was really shocked when I figured out this is some sort of weird vehicle-obsessed game. Granted, I'm sure there'll be traditional platforming, but I knew they'd screw with the formula somehow.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »
Can I change my name to Pimp Frog?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
Looks like Rare has some promising new characters, "Pimp Frog" and "35-Year-Old Unemployed Rhino Who Still Visits High School Girl's Basketball Games".

Uh, those guys are Jolly Roger and Big Al from Banjo-Tooie. Do your homework next time. All you get is a 65% average for this term.

I guess making Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't a big enough middle finger towards Nintendo...

Where the hell did it say they deliberately made the game the way they did just to **** off Nintendo!? God almighty...

I was really shocked when I figured out this is some sort of weird vehicle-obsessed game. Granted, I'm sure there'll be traditional platforming, but I knew they'd screw with the formula somehow.

They did not "screw with the formula". They never promised us Banjo 3 in the first place. They only said they were making a new Banjo game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:52:08 PM by The Chef »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »
Uh, those guys are Jolly Roger and Big Al from Banjo-Tooie. Do your homework next time. All you get is a 65% average for this term.

Ah muffins, I even had that game. Nonetheless, I think they'd be cooler with my names.

I'm really glad they aren't calling this game Banjo-Threeie as Grunty implied at the end of Banjo-Tooie.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Because every game that involve driving vehicles and blowing stuff up is exactly the same as GTA, right?
Twisted Metal?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
I wanna know why Jolly Roger turned from a mayor/bartender to a pimp. XD

And on Youtube, the Mario part is still intact.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
Twisted Metal?

^ Fun game.  I keep hoping they'll come out with a good sequel for one of the next-gen consoles.

I wanna know why Jolly Roger turned from a mayor/bartender to a pimp. XD

And on Youtube, the Mario part is still intact.

Really?  Interesting.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
Not that interesting.  The video was uploaded by the people I linked in the first post before the edited version went up.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
Oh.  Okay then.  I just took peoples' word for it when it was edited.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »
I never played the Banjo series due to lack of motivation and interest. How can blowing up Mario be respectful in any shape or form?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are awesome games. As for respectable things blowing up Mario...

Why no, I should not have bombs or the boomerang by this point in the game. Hm.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print