Print

Author Topic: Wii not reading discs!!!  (Read 10775 times)

« on: September 13, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
I have a HUGE problem with my Wii. It wont read any discs! Whenever I put in a Wii or Gamecube disc, I can't hear it spinning, then I get the disc read error message. Somebody please help! I don't want to send it in to Nintendo and risk the loss of save data, and wait about a month!
This bridge - extends from Nebraska to CANADA!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
Not very helpful genius.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »
Have you already tried unplugging and cleaning it?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
Not very helpful genius.
What? You posted on that thread multiple times about what I'm assuming was the exact same problem.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
Ok. You people are all wiitards. I WANT ANSWERS ONLY!!! That does not include links to other threads on this website.

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
Did you even read the linked thread? It has answers..

Here is another thread that might be useful, as well as a link to one of my old posts..

Make both of your hands into fists and lightly smash the Wii between your two hands (if you've ever watched Friends, it's kind of like that one hand motion they used instead of actually flipping people off).

That is the extent of my Wii knowledge. I used that to get my Wii to work again after sending it twice to Nintendo back when Brawl first came out. Of course, I hit mine a bit harder than lightly but I was more than a bit frustrated..

Anyway, try that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
Well you had freezing issues. I'm having disc read error issues. I'm going to try it though, but how should I do it? Should I do it while it's turned on, off, or with a disc in? Because I'm kind of confused.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
True, I had freezing errors, but I thought something in that thread might still apply..

Do it while on the Wii menu, and try to catch about where the middle of the disk drive would be. Also keep in mind the Wii is not a punching bag, so just lightly but firmly. Did that make sense?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
Still not working. I'm going to go into a bit more detail. So when I insert the disc, it makes the usual noise you hear right as it gets completely inside and in place, then I hear three ticks, then it doesn't make any noise, then I get the disc read error message. What am I doing wrong?

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
Have you already tried unplugging and cleaning it?

Chances are, there's dust build up in the disc drive.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »
Well, I sprayed every corner of the Wii including the disc drive with one of those powerful air spray cans. Nothing happened.

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
Use one of those high pressure hoses in a diy carwash.

Back up as much data as you can on an SD card, because it sounds like you may have to send it off to Nintendo. It should be noted that Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal Crossing City Folk data all cannot be moved from the system memory, so if you have any of those, you're screwed. Everything else should transfer though.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »
Well, there is one other thing. Have any of you heard of the Wii Fix Guide? Its said to resolve most Wii issues. If any of you who solved my same problem could please post it here? That would be very helpful.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
OK. Since none of you are getting me http://hubpages.com/hub/wiidiyrepairguide here's a link to it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:49:58 PM by Suber Bloober »

Print