Print

Author Topic: Green Yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine?  (Read 8281 times)

« on: December 20, 2002, 10:02:36 PM »
Is it possible to get a green Yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine? If so, how? The reason I ask is that I have seen multiple screen shots showing Mario riding a green Yoshi, but I've never done it. An example of one can be found on this site at the following URL:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/ss/ss_sms_pre135.jpg

Thanks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 11:16:17 PM »
No, actually, you can't get a green Yoshi. Those screns were from the unfinished version before they implemented the color change thing.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 08:15:15 AM »
I don't think you can ride a green yoshi, but I think all of the yoshis in SMS are originally green.  Note: the green dots on his egg, but after you feed him he changes a specific color depending on the fruit you feed him.  Also, after he dies the dots are mostly green.  The problem with my theory is that the original green yoshi from SMW could swim.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 12:47:38 PM »
There is nothing wrong with your theory. You said the dots that appear AFTER Yoshi dies are mostly green. That would mean he drowns as a differently colored Yoshi and then turns green AFTER dying. So the green Yoshi never actually touches the water while he’s alive, and that is why he does not swim.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2002, 01:34:34 AM »
One thing I'd like to add: The Yoshis native to Isle Delfino are different than the ones native to Dinosaur Land. That accounts for why they can't swim. You realize, of course, that all the different colored Yoshis in Yoshi's ISland could swim.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 12:53:37 AM »
As could Yellow, Blue, and Red Yoshis in Super Mario World. Only those Delfino "pastel" Yoshis couldn't swim.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 10:35:24 PM »
But Purple,Orange & Pink Yoshis could swim in SMW2!!!

King of Pink, That's Me!
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2003, 11:49:12 PM »
There weren't any purple, orange or pink Yoshis in Yoshi's Island. There were indigo, tan and magenta Yoshis in Yoshi's Island, but no purple, orange or pink ones.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/5/2003 9:51:51 PM
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 03:04:46 AM »
I just remembered about this thread.  I posted this in another forum, but thought you might have missed it so here it is again.

The Yoshis in SMS are all really green, but painted with fruit juice.  When they run out of juice they turn green, but you have to feed them quickly or they will die.  I have posted screenshots at:

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/greenyoshi.htm
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2003, 11:02:29 PM »
We know.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 12:51:42 PM »
I have read that Green Yoshi´s only in the Janannese version of the game have been seen?

I don´t know what to put here?
I don´t know what to put here?

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 10:05:30 PM »
Yeah when marios a baby all those yoshis could swim i think

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2003, 09:41:56 PM »
I'll settle this. (Well, all the YI arguments, anyway)

The Yoshies on Yoshi's Island? They can swim, but NOT dive. They actually float if you hold them underwater. I think that they can't really siwn that well at all. In SMW, they could KIND of swim with Mario's help (Otherwise, they'd sink.) In YI, they float. Of course, having not really been in the water for a few games, and being on a different island, the Yoshies in SMS cannot siwm at all.

Of course, how Yoshi can swim in the Mario Party games is still a mystery to me...

There IS a Purple Yoshi on Yoshi's Island! It's the one that plays all the x-5 levels. (1-5, 2-5, etc.) There is no Orange Yoshi. I am hoping you are referring to the Brown one that plays the x-6 levels. And there is a Pink Yoshi in SMA3, but not YI. They changed it from Magenta to Pink for some reason. This Yoshi plays the x-2 levels. Maybe it's due to the projection or coloring on your TV?

And if it is, can SOMEONE tell me how to turn any of the Yoshies orange? Please?

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 01:27:13 AM »
I can hack a ROM of YI for you if you want Orange Yoshis. I don't know how you can do it with a nomal TV, but personally, I think color table hacking is easier.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2003, 08:46:09 AM »
Ok... I´ll clear some things up:
Yoshi can swim in SMW, right?
Yoshi can swim in YI, right?
Yoshi can swim in YS, right?
Yoshi can NOT swim in SMS, right?
Here´s the reason:
All Yoshi´s are different!
For example:
Humans!
Let´s say that SMW is in japan and SMS is in Australia. Are those peoples different? YES! Are those Yoshi´s different! YES!
All Yoshis at different places ARE different!

Sign starts here
Sign ends here
Sign starts here
Sign ends here

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
Quote from SMS manual:
"Yoshis found on Isle Delfino can't stand water."

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2003, 09:33:05 PM »
While were on the topic of SMS,I noticed something pretty cool.When FLUDD examines Mario at start of the game for the customer information,look in the bottom left hand corner.It shows Mario's previous adventures like SM64 & others.Looks cool.

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2003, 01:08:08 AM »
And SMB1.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 02:16:14 AM »
SMB1
SMW
SM64

Sign starts here
Sign ends here
Sign starts here
Sign ends here

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 07:21:16 PM »
In the first episode of the SMW cartoon, Fire Sale, Yoshi says he doesn't like water. Why he'd dissolve in water is beyond me.

----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 07:13:22 PM »
Yoshi can swim perfectly in YS though.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 07:15:10 PM »
And (refering to the original topic) if you deprive Yoshi of fruit for a long enough time, his colour will drain to green before he explodes.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2003, 05:40:08 AM »
*ninte* is the real name anyway I nowe haw to view the green yoshi.  wait till poor old yoshi runs low on juce [litterily] and he flashis green press start at the right time and there he is

*ninte*
*ninte*

Print