Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing City Folk Discussion  (Read 14916 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »
Fishing=the only way to pay off your mortgage effectively...
No, I meant in videogames in general--especially considering how fishing simulations and the Wii are drawn together like N/S magnets.

Well, I saw the trailer (or whatever you want to call a promotional clip of semi-unrelated game footage), and I must say... looking good. Granted, it's Animal Crossing, so we can't expect City Folk to perform a gigantic leap--either graphically or feature-wise--over the original and WW, but what I've seen and heard so far is pleasing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
The graphics for fish and bugs could use some work, though...
And make the characters more customizable.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
I think I heard you can design the front, back, and sleeves of your shirt separately now. Now if we can just design pants too, we can finally make semi-realistic naked people.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »
Ah, an admirable goal.

The graphics for fish and bugs could use some work, though...
It's that important to you? I mean, no offense if it is, but the only time you see bugs and fish up close is upon catching them/viewing them in the museum.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 05:44:25 AM »
I don't know, it's just... sometimes, when I catch a fish/bug, I, for some reason, stare at it longer than usual and think, "Those are some sloppy graphics for the GCN..."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »
Well, so far, the Animal Crossing games have been a port of a Japanese N64 game and a DS game, respectively, so their true graphical potential has yet to shine. Then again, the style of the game is its visual simplicity.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
Simplicity doesn't mean it has to have disgustingly blurry pixels in all its textures. Look at the Animal Crossing trophies in Brawl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
OMG if it uses the friend code system......
"it's always the present"

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
...then I will murder someone.
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »
Simplicity doesn't mean it has to have disgustingly blurry pixels in all its textures.
What, you think I was sticking up for bad graphics? I just mean that the game doesn't have to look like SMG or Twilight Princess or something.

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »
It should look like a fantasy version of real life, since that's what it is.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
It looks allright based on the video.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »
It looks pretty good, if you ask me. I hope for more things to do in this one so that it won't become boring and repetitive like the first two.

It's about time they made Wii Speak. Only problem with it is that Everyone in the same room can speak through it. Atleast it doesn't come bundled with Animal Crossing so it'll hopefully be used in future games,
No image sigs? =(

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
I thought it was bundled with Animal Crossing?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
I thought it was bundled with Animal Crossing?

Nope, which is good because if it was bundled with it, it would probably mean that Nintendo only intended to make use of it in that game.
No image sigs? =(

Print