Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Auction  (Read 4153 times)

« on: May 09, 2003, 11:26:16 AM »
Ever wanted to get rid of something you didn't want on Animal Crossing?  Want to make the maximum amount of bells possible?  Then simply auction it off!
These are the rules:
1. If an auction is NOT going on, then you may auction post an auction.
2. You must post your name on AC, your town, your item(s), and your minimum bid.
3. People post their bids in multiples of 100, 1000, and 100,000.  No wierd numbers like 3756 bells.
4. At 9:00 PM, the highest bidder gets the item for his bid.
5. NO DEADBEAT BUYERS!  Do NOT bid unless you're ready to pay it off.  No IOU's, no debts, no items as payment.  Period.
6. NO DEADBEAT SELLERS!  If you post an item, ready to auction, you're committed to selling it.  If you change your mind, do it before the first bid.  Otherwise, you're stuck.
7. Once an auction is complete, the buyer and seller give their code(s) to each other.  If one gives a false code (on purpose), they will be banned from the ACA until they either give back the item they didn't pay for along with 10,000 bells (buyer) or have to refund 110% of what the buyer payed (seller).
8. The next auction can only commence if both send codes and both say "I have my item".  Otherwise, I will barrage the person(s) with e-mails telling them that they either need to e-mail me back or post the message.
9. NO HACKING!!!  If you use a HTML loophole to make someone bid, you will pay them 110% of what you made them bid.  Otherwise, you will be banned.

It's pretty simple!  As long as you're fair, this will be fun.  Anyway, I'll show you a "quick and dirty" auction and how it works:

Post 1:

Name: Ness
Town: Onett
Item: Club Shirt, Heart Shirt, Spade Shirt, Diamond Shirt
Minimum bid: 10000 bells.

Post 2:

I bid 11000 bells.

Post 3:

I bid 20000 bells.

Post 4: (end of day)

And the winner is (buyer)
for 20000 bells.

Post 5: (seller)

Ok, here's my code:

(code)

Post 6: (buyer)

Here's mine:

(code)

Post 7: (buyer)

I have my item.

Post 8: (seller)

I have my money

Post 9: (next seller)

Name...

Get it?  Good.  5 and 6 don't have to be in that order, and neither do 8 and 9.

Have fun!

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 11:38:23 AM »
This is a good idea. Although I prefer giving/ those who give from the kindness of my/their heart.
I'm game, but I'd rather use a UC than bid. If the item doesn't have a UC and is very hard to obtain, though...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 01:33:20 PM »
The following is a PAID Advertisment of CharginChuck's Junk.

(Just Kidding)

Want a rustic feeling to your house, that special touch?  Can't find yourself a complete series?

Well, we have what YOU need!!

Now starting at 20,000 Bells (what a bargain!), YOU can receive the complete CABIN SERIES!  It's easily available, and once you purchase this series, we will deliver it to you, and you will get 3-4 pieces every day!  And in no time, you will have the perfect home!

Listen to what these folks have to say:

Joe: My house was a shack, but when I ordered this series, my home became a cozy mansion!

Bill: I was trying out different series, but Cabin is the perfect series!

And when you order this fabulous offer, you can receive the entire Pine Set for FREE!!

But wait!  Order by 5/11/03, and you can get Kaffe's Shirt!

Here's what you get

Cabin Series
Pine Set
Kaffe's Shirt

All for 20,000 Bells

Name: Nicholas
Town:Onett
 n/a

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 06:17:58 AM »
Ok, this isn't working...

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 07:17:35 AM »
That's 'cuz we're lazy and not desperate. This auction thing's too complex, while simply trading is a lot easier. It was a good idea, though. :)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 11:02:25 AM »
'Cept for the fact that money isn't tradable.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 11:29:46 AM »
I think it is, but it has to be in bag form--like 100/1,000/3,000/10,000 bags you'd find.

--------------------

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 12:15:56 PM »
I dunno... last I tried, bags of money were greyed out when it came time to choose an item to send.  I shall remain dubious.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 12:38:52 PM »
I've never tried it, so I wouldn't know. Others have seemed to imply that you can, though, but, like I said, I dunno.

--------------------

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 05:33:01 PM »
My Kaffe's Shirt deal is now officialy over.

Now, you can get the exclusive Cabin Series w/ Pine Set for 50% off the reg. price!  That's only 10,000 Bells!

(I'm trying to jumpstart this thread, kinda like what needs to be done about the economy) :)
 n/a

Print