Print

Author Topic: WTMK Update and Broadcasting Notice  (Read 10791 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »
It's just that Sonic's mechanics of super speed really don't translate well to 3-D.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Correction: They haven't found the perfect way to translate them yet.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »
The problem is that they've forgotten that super speed wasn't the only thing Sonic had. They've also forgotten about how the original Sonic games had a really unique level design scheme in comparison to other platformers, along with the ball rolling physics used to explore them.

The 3D Sonic games are just one-way racetracks with generic platforming sequences peppered into them. They don't give you any freedom. You can't explore or stop moving on your own accord. Sonic Unleashed takes it a step even further and replaces some of the platforming with QTEs outright. It's barely even a game anymore.

The other problem comes from the constant need to add "variety" by introducing completely different game mechanics for the other characters. The whole point of other characters is to give them different abilities that allow you to tackle the same game in a different way, not shoehorn another game in there entirely (and even worse is that the make them required to see the end of the whole game).

Basically the whole design philosophy of the Sonic games has tanked as a whole.

Flawed with good reason? What does that mean?

It's like you actively LOOK for flaws in my posts to be sarcastic about. :|

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
Nah, I was legitimately wondering what that meant. After seeing your explanation which I completely agree with and like, I think you mean they're flawed for a bad reason.

Flawed with good reason would be, like, being stupid because you couldn't afford college because you had to pay for your kid's food. Or something.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
It was a case of poor phrasing on my part. I meant to emphasize that I had good reasons for disliking the current Sonic games.

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »
WTMK's down.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
Thanks for keeping the playlist up to date! Unfortunately, I seem to be hearing the same songs over and over... Most of the music I'm hearing is from Mario Strikers Charged. There doesn't seem to be much balance in this playlist.
Number of TVs destroyed by accidentally throwing the Wii Remote at them: 0

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 07:04:25 AM »
Thanks for keeping the playlist up to date! Unfortunately, I seem to be hearing the same songs over and over... Most of the music I'm hearing is from Mario Strikers Charged. There doesn't seem to be much balance in this playlist.

Odd... that SHOULDN'T be...

I didn't notice anything odd, but I resorted the playlist, just to be safe...
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »
I didn't notice anything odd, but I resorted the playlist, just to be safe...
Thanks! I'm hearing different songs now. Can you tell how long the playlist is? From that, I could gauge how often I should expect to hear songs repeated.
Number of TVs destroyed by accidentally throwing the Wii Remote at them: 0

Print