Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 2 prototype  (Read 39026 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: February 27, 2007, 03:07:39 AM »
Discuss the prototype here!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:39:29 AM »
Man, that's awesome. I wonder how the cartridge eventually ended up on eBay.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »
The same way the prototype carts of any other game ended up there?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »
I really like the underground music, and how the percussion is sped up after awhile.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »
This page is quite an accomplishment, and extremely informative!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
So did the person send one of you the cartridge to test, or did they tell you about it, then go through the different parts by themselves?  Either way, very cool.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »
The owner of the cartridge provided the majority of the basic information, screens, movies, and music.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:53:13 PM »
Ah, yes. I've seen this prototype displayed on about two other sites, but with not nearly as much info. So...obviously with those screens, you have a ROM...give us ur rom kthxplzbye  =P

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 10:17:51 PM »
Um...
The owner of the cartridge provided the majority of the basic information, screens, movies, and music.
So we don't have the ROM.

Also, read the rules.
Quote from: Deezer
Do not ask for ROMs or links to ROMs.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:14:23 AM »
I think Tweeter was being facetious. Unless he had a sudden AOL chat-attack while finishing the post.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Um... So we don't have the ROM.

You can't get those screens from a TV. Those are definitely screen grabs. Maybe WE don't have it...

And yes, I was being sarcastic. I take it your sarcasm detectors are broken, lol.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »
You can't get those screens from a TV.
I take it that you've never heard of a capture card.

Anyway, I read the feature about this prototype the other night, and it's pretty awesome. Nice job MEGAߥTE.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:19:11 PM by SolidShroom »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »
There is a ROM, but the owner chooses not to make it public.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
I don't know what to say to that but HOW LAME!!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to play this...
But this can't be the only cartridge in the world. There has to be a ROM somewhere.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 08:02:46 PM »
I take it that you've never heard of a capture card.

Sorry, a capture card can't magically turn a TV signal into something as clean as that.

Print