Print

Author Topic: Joined Forums  (Read 18683 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:58:52 AM »
Here just post why you choose to join the Fungi Forums, or any other forum. Also if you don't to write why you joined just write where you joined.

I am a member of Fungi Forums and used to be a GameFAQS member (I got banned for repeated TOS violations, the thing is that I never actually posted anything).

I joined FF becasuse I thought it would be fun. The reason I joined GFAQS was... well actually I don't really know why I joined I just got bored and decided to join.

OK, I did it Now its your turn...
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
TOS violations? What's that? Sorry I don't mean to brink up those memories but I'm curious.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »
(I got banned for repeated TOS violations, the thing is that I never actually posted anything).

Are you sure it was nothing? Are you sure it wasn't something?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
TOS violations? What's that? Sorry I don't mean to brink up those memories but I'm curious.
I think it means "terms of service". and don't worry about brinking it up, it only happened like 2 days ago.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
I joined the Fungi Forums to participate in a banner contest, I think. I didn't win, but my submissions were acknowledged as pretty good. And that was back when I used Microsoft Picture It!

This was also about the time I started falling out of the "cool, PAT crowd" that started in elementary school.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »
I joined the Fungi Forums to participate in a banner contest, I think. I didn't win, but my submissions were acknowledged as pretty good. And that was back when I used Microsoft Picture It!

This was also about the time I started falling out of the "cool, PAT crowd" that started in elementary school.
you joined for a contest and now your a mod, wow!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
I joined this forum because this is one of the very few forums that doesn't constantly talk about [adult/inappropriate matters]

Well that's not really how I joined. I think I already said why in a different topic. Something called the first post topic or something like that.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
I joined the forum because I

1. Am a Mario fan
2. Don't feel like just another insignificant member (even though I am)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »
As I said in my first post, I joined because the others forum(s) I was on went down the toilet and this was a site that I had frequented for its wondrous bounty of Mario info/media (I read all of toasty64's "Mario's High School Days" and I'm proud of it!).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »
Hey, I read Toasty64's narratives, too! But that was after I joined the forums. Before that, I regularly visited the MIDI section and checked release dates on the news page.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:37:42 PM »
I joined for a contest too. Suffix won that contest, heh.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:57:18 PM »
What contest was that? I think I remember the prize (M&L:PiT, thanks again, Luigison), but I don't remember what the contest was about.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »
Mario Kart DS. bobman37 joined from the now-defunct Nintendo NSider forums and promptly got a forum record setting 18-post combo. He was then found ineligible due to not having been a member of the forums for a long enough time.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 07:54:35 AM »
I wasn't satisfied with my real life self-esteem destruction in others, so I joined the Fungi Forums to ridicule and bully people electronically.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »
Really?  You haven't hit me much yet.*

*That's not a cue.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print