Print

Author Topic: F-Zero Wii  (Read 9921 times)

« on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions/rumors/theories about it?

I hope its like F-Zero GX for GCN because that one was amazing, and strangely developed by Sega. (Heh, Sonic gave them a few tips?) The only things I didn't like were the uninspired characters, the lack of the Mute City song or any good F-Zero music. (Some of the music was...okay, but the C. Falcon theme song, for example, goes into the Sega cheesiness category.).

Hopefully, if they bring back Story Mode, it won't be so hard. (Not to mention that to get all of the prizes in the game you need to beat the already impossible missions on Hard and even Very Hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
They need to add transforming vehicles. That's the only thing that'll make me want to play it.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
I don't think Glitchy listened to the FZGX soundtrack.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
Uninspired characters? GX only added eleven new ones and they fit in with the others just fine... I've only gotten two of them... Also, there is a way to get more traditional versions of the Mute City and Big Blue songs. Look into that. As for the rest of the soundtrack, I liked it. GX was an amazing game, and the thought and effort put into it is very clear.

There is a load of things I would like to see in the next game, but given how things go with Nintendo I think most of them unlikely... aside from obvious stuff like an even more vast selection of custom machine parts and Wi-Fi that runs even better than Mario Kart. I want to be able to give my machine a name of my own imagination instead of it being named after the parts, and draw emblems and upload them as PNGs from my SD card, for example. Voice chat would be cool but my bad connection would probably butcher it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:03 PM »
They need to add transforming vehicles. That's the only thing that'll make me want to play it.
That does sound interesting
Noy Duh

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 08:26:17 PM »
F-zero Wii should have the SNES tracks with their respective soundtrack then I'd want it more.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »
FZGX even had awesome new versions of the SNES music! I don't understand what the hangup here is.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions...
ONLY ONE.  Make the speedometer analog, please.

It doesn't even have to be a traditional circle-style speedometer.  It could be a vertical bar, if you're going for futuristic.  It could even have effects, like resetting back to zero and changing colors to indicate a "gear shift" (in effect, simply reaching a certain speed).

Just don't make it digital... There's a reason they did away with digital speedometers in the 80's.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:39:15 AM »

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »
Too bad that isn't F-Zero.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
No, I think that's actually quite good.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 12:04:12 PM »
Hopefully better than the Armada one for Ps2.  That was awful.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 03:37:36 PM »
???
I said it was good that Transformers wasn't the next F-Zero.

seriously pay attention man
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
I'd have to agree that adding more gameplay gimmicks than necessary would ruin it. The satisfaction of smashing the other racers is good enough.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print