Print

Author Topic: The Best Video Games You've Never Heard Of  (Read 41585 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 08:09:34 AM »
Sonic Rush Adventure doesn't get nearly enough credit.

QFT +999999999!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is the best Sonic game in my opinion. (And yes, I've played them all)

It' Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and it isn't underrated in the least.

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »
Soul Blazer (SNES)
... I never got far in the game, I was still in the first town (if there were any towns after that). But it was still fun.
You at least owe it to yourself to get as far as Turbo the dog...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
I understand Four Swords Adventures went somewhat underappreciated... I really liked it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 04:39:17 PM »
I just remembered a Chester Cheetah game for the SNES. I used to rent it when I was little, and I had a lot of fun with it. You must go to several worlds to collect maps that open new worlds. The bosses were cool, like a fat lady in a swimsuit that attacked with an umbrella in the beach level, and a robot in the farm level (huh?). And Chester had the mysterious ability to fly!
I think the game was hard, because you have to find the map piece on each level or beating the level would be useless, and they were pretty well hidden. And you died with one hit, except, of course, if you managed to get a bag of Cheetos, which revive you.
And you fought the last boss, which is somewhat similar to Kronk from The Emperors New Groove, in a rocket launching car during a sunset. Woah Chester is 2 ocol!!!!

That game was HARDCOR3!!!!!1
Well probably not.
I still want to get it, even if it is just to here the Boss Music. I still remember it. Well, just like 2 seconds of it.

Conclusion: Buy CHEETOS. And try out this game, even if it is only to make fun of me for liking an advergame.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »
It' Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and it isn't underrated in the least.

Yes it is.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »
By who?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
"By whom."
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
I remember having fun with the original Tony Hawk game for GB...It was actually NOT a bad game at all.

The original F-Zero and F-Zero X are both amazing in their unique ways. Oh yeah, and DKC2 is amazing - I don't know why, there is something about this game I love.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
DKC2 is amazing
Completely agree. Best one in the series. A huge shame that the GBA version...well...wasn't too good.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
I've mostly played the GBA version (thats the one I own), but I also played the SNES version. Unfortunately, most of the time me and my neighbor played DKC1 so I never really can compare it.

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
Sonic CD is another game that's a tad underrated because it was released for the relatively obscure Sega CD (an attachment to Sega Genesis). It's one of my favorite Sonic games...I bet most of you have at least heard of it. Still, it's underrated when compared to Sonic 1, 2 and 3.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:12:56 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
Yeah, I liked Sonic CD, and I didn't really like Sonic games much at all.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
I didn't really like Sonic games much at all.

*Sigh*.  Does no one appreciate Sonic games except me?

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
A lot of people I know enjoy Sonic games?  A lot of people I know from here?

Print