Poll

What would you rather spend you Wii points on?  VC or WW?

Virtual Console
7 (70%)
Wii Ware
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Print

Author Topic: Virtual Console or WiiWare?  (Read 8529 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:34:33 PM »
VC for me!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »
I like both
Noy Duh

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:34:48 PM »
Virtual console, hands down. Wiiware has a few good titles, but it can't compare to the awesomeness of classic games.

However, I'm still not satisfied with Nintendo's choices for the VC, as are most of us. When will they stop re-releasing stupid games like Donkey Kong Jr. Math and start releasing the titles everyone REALLY wants to play, like Earthbound and the original Super Smash Bros? It is good that they finally released Super Mario RPG. Underrated as it is to me, it deserved a release months before this - but at least it's here now.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »
VC; especially in light of their recent SMRPG release.
Actually, I haven't tried as much WiiWare as VC, but then, I'm a sucker for the classics.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
What the heck kind of poll is this?
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »
I love the classics too.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »
Seconded. You can't compare these. They're selling two completly different products.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
Question:  What would you rather spend your money on?  Apples or Oranges?

Seconded. You can't compare these. They're selling two completly different products.

I see Chup and Max's point, but ... a quick look in my fridge and I have to say I prefer Apples over Oranges.  Not that I'm against a good Orange every now and then, but I generally have a bite of Apple nearly everyday and seldom taste Oranges.  Maybe if I had more Oranges to pick from or a very good Orange were available.  Especially if that Orange is MM9.  My wife is the other way around.  Especially for her if the orange has Doctor in its name.  Maybe all the Apples I've been consuming have kept said Doctor away from me.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
Virtual Console. At least you know that it's possible to get a good game. WiiWare is like...uh...I dunno, but so far most of it's game suck.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
I prefer oranges. And VC, though Wiiware does seem to have a few fun games, like Toki Tori, but VC has so many great classics.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »
Well, first of all, I rarely ever get to a place where I have access to Wi-Fi, so I can't really comment on the library of either too much. Based on what I know, have seen, and have bought, however, I will say this:

Virtual Console: If I really liked most of those games, I'dve bought them the first time around. However, that isn't always the case, and I've thusly purchased Mario Kart 64 (didn't age as well as I'd thought), Super Metroid (just can't get into it all that much... hey, I was weaned on the Prime trilogy), SB2J (mostly for nostalgic, non-Nintendo value. I don't think I've ever played it--for obvious reasons), and Kirby 64 (short, but tougher than the average Kirby game!) since obtaining my Wii. Great source of old-school titles... but it's so odd that there's TG-16 games...

WiiWare: Never really browsed the catalog, but it seems to me that most of the games are stuff that's on PC or UgoPlayer. Question: With all the insubstantial games released on store shelves for the Wii, how do the devs that make that stuff decide whether to go the downloadable route? I mean, there's games on WiiWare that could've been released in stores--and vice-versa.

Eh... I'm not buying a whole lot of it, but VC games for me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »
When I get my Wii online, mostly WiiWare. I'm only intending on using Virtual Console on games I can't play for the time being, mainly imports. I prefer the real experience.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »
I like both. The VC for the classics that I may have missed (or can't play anymore, such as all my NES games), and the WiiWare for the unique games it brings in (such as Pokemon Ranch which also helps finish the DS game for everyone who is still trying to finish it) and for the possiblities of making/remaking classic games or sequels to classic games (Mega Man 9 is a perfect example of this. Is there going to be a Mario based WiiWare game?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »
Nintendo's supposedly said that there'll be WiiWare based on the top Nintendo IPs. I hope so, because last I checked, all they've got to show for themselves is the generic Pop and that childishly pointless Pokemon Ranch.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 05:51:37 AM »
Luigison's totally right about the apples and oranges bit--and on top of that, I think his wife likes Dr. Mario!

Anyway, if 1000 Wii points suddenly appeared in my hot, little hand... I'd save them until a decently impressive WiiWare title comes out, to be honest... But if my hand was so hot that the points were going to burn, so I had to spend them really fast... I'd go with Lords of Thunder for the Virtual Console, probably.  Seriously, have you heard the soundtrack?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print