Print

Author Topic: Allow All Discussions  (Read 49824 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
I totally agree. To be honest, I've never been involved in any of these "taboo" discussions, but a thread about the election being locked? Come on.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »
I remember the flag burning thread where I got totally heated because I was one of the only people against it. I remember the abortion thread too...
Why is all the political discussion banned now?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
As far as I can tell there was no real explanation. EM dropped a few cryptic hints, but as far as I can tell Deezer didn't want it for whatever reason. What's especially strange is that Chup, Steve, and Mß seemed to condone the poll by not locking it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
Well, I'm going to say what I have to say, whether it was said before or not. I think...

..."Political" (whatever that really means) discussion should be allowed. If somebody goes a little overboard, just deal with them. How does shutting the thread down solve anything? The longer we sit on these issues the harder it's going to be for us to not talk about them.

..That, at least with some topics, what's the point of arguing in the first place? It's like those religious debates I got into a while back; eventually, I thought, "why talk about this stuff, anyway? It's not like I'm going to say something to someone--here, on an internet Mario forum--and they'll respond with 'Oh... I guess you're right. I'm changing my beliefs on that one.'"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
I had no say in locking the thread, and left to my devices I'd be perfectly happy leaving it open and deleting posts that don't contribute at all if that's what has to be done to keep it open. In a perfect world I'd just leave it be and those messages would be ignored/ridiculed but the higher-up staff really doesn't allow that kind of "let it be" moderating.

Yea, the lack of really good GC discussion since politiks ban is scary.
~I.S.~

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »
I agree with keeping the discussions. For the record, I actually didn't really help the thread, but I enjoyed reading the arguments. IS, I remember seeing this:
Quote from: Insane Steve
Ya, no more of this, ok? It turns into a massive "YOUR BELIEFS ARE WROOOOONG LOLZ" argument and no one ever convinces anyone of anything. So the higher-ups decided that these topics are bad and they shouldn't be posted anymore.
This actually was barely thrown at IS. I just noticed THIS in the bottom left corner:
Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:20:21 am by Deezer

Hmmmmm... ? Although I do know that the Ya, to anything was from IS, but how Deezer worded the last part, wasn't very well worded. But, thats that.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »
There hasn't been much good discussion on anything lately. Not even Mario, since apparently Mariology is off-limits, and liking anything but a Mario platformer is strictly prohibited.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 08:46:28 PM »
I think the desire to stop "political" discussion is to stop the spread of rampant ignorance as much as for any other reason.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
Because stopping discussion stops ignorance. *nod*

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
I said stop it spreading. Further.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 05:37:59 AM »
What's ironic is that now, instead of discussing US politics, we're discussing TMK politics.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 07:04:19 AM »
Wow. Then this could get meta-prohibited if we're not careful...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
I have a dream!  That my threads won't be discriminated against by the color of their font!
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »
You're in the Green Party. You don't get to win elections.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
Touché.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print