Print

Author Topic: BEST AND WORST IN SERIES? Week 22: Coins!  (Read 8528 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
Best: Super Mario Galaxy. While they didn't have much of a purpose other then to heal you, Mario only had three pieces of health, so they were incredably valuable.

Worst: Super Mario 64. The coins were way too small. Plus, it's because of that 100 coin mission on Hazy Maze Cave that I never got all 150 stars on SM64DS. Overall, I disliked them.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
It's easy to get 100 coins in Hazy Maze Cave. Use Yoshi to make an egg from one of those spiders and throw them at groups of enemies. Each hit the egg gets produces three coins.

But of course Yoshi is absolutely worthless in Super Mario 64 DS so nobody would've thought of that! Right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 04:06:27 AM »
Lucky for me, I discovered quite by accident that trick with throwing eggs very early on in the game, so Yoshi was my character of choice for hard 100-coin missions.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Week 22: Coins!

BEST:

Super Mario RPG (1)
Super Mario Galaxy (4)
Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga (2)
Super Mario 64 (1)
Super Mario Sunshine (1)
Super Mario World (2)

WORST:

Super Mario Galaxy (5)
Super Mario 64 (2)
Super Mario Kart (2)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) (1)
Super Mario Sunshine (2)

NOMINATIONS:

Mario Sports game (2)
Original Super Mario Bros Level (3)
2D Game (6)
3D Game (1)

(10 Votes=Topic)

Super Mario Galaxy...is both the BEST AND WORST??? Special Tiebreaker! First person to vote for it being Best or Worst decides the fate of SMG!

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 01:21:21 PM »
SMG is... worst.

They had no other useful purpose than restoring health.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »
That may be true, but their rarity makes you realize how important they really are when you have 1 Health Bar left.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
May I make a suggestion? Subtract the "best" votes from the "worst" votes for each game. Then the winner will be determined on how well it did overall rather than how many votes it got from both categories. The same process can be done to find out who the loser is.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:37:05 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 08:59:09 AM »
BEST: Wario Land II.  They were a lot of fun to collect, especially the giant ones with Wario's profile etched into them.  And there's also those black ones that are worth 100 coins.

WORST: Super Mario Kart.  Glad they never brought 'em back.

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
May I make a suggestion? Subtract the "best" votes from the "worst" votes for each game. Then the winner will be determined on how well it did overall rather than how many votes it got from both categories. The same process can be done to find out who the loser is.

Seconded; could certainly prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

WORST: Super Mario Kart.  Glad they never brought 'em back.

Hate to break it to you, but they were in Super Circuit as well, and served pretty much the same role.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print