Print

Author Topic: My State of the Forums Address  (Read 2619 times)

« on: July 08, 2001, 02:12:43 AM »
This goes out to anyone who remembers back when the forums were a great place to just chill and chat about goofy stuff with other Mario fanatics.  <Hinopio hikes up his pants and talks in a southern drawl>  Back in the day, you know, when the worst problems we had to mess with in here were those ????? posts by unnamed individuals.  The topics were fresh and fast, and the conversation was interesting.  We had regulars like Chocobo, Mega 2, and Ironfoot, and a buncha others to keep it real and alive.  Them was good times...  It seems (to me) like the Fungi Forums are in a state of decay.  Has anyone else noticed this?  All I want to know is, what happened?  I haven't been visiting as much recently because of this, which makes me sad.  Not because Mario is a huge part of my life or I love old video games, but because there was almost a sense of community.

I talk (type?) too much.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
I was around for quite sme ime here.Not super long, bu long enough.It was you, mega 2, mario maniac, marionut#1,roy koopa, peinguin wizard,chocobo,iggy koopa,billy chilly,me and some more.Now it gets more lamer.

All hail the almighty Oreo cookie master.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
Now Iggy's back(that's good)!But I think since people like $$Wario$$ insult people,it got worse, and people make the worst topics(I'm not saying mine are better than everyones,'cause they're not)And back then, everyone one of us tried our best to help the others with their questions(Roy koopa helped me with my first topic, and then the others too)It was the greatest back then, but it's slipping.Hey!Maybe if all or most of the older guys come back, we can bring back the good message board!

All hail the almighty Oreo cookie master.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2001, 07:13:54 PM »
Well, now there's the Classicgaming.com forums to draw away potential posters.

I haven't looked around these boards for ages...

Print