Print

Author Topic: Talkback: Mailbag 30 Mar 2009  (Read 11847 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: March 30, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »
Discuss the latest mailbag here. And don't forget to send us your letters for the next mailbag!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
I toyed around with sending one earlier this year (indeed, ever since I found the site), but I wondered if you had discontinued the feature after seeing only one mailbag in 2008.  Apparently not.  Maybe I'll send in a letter next time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 07:50:26 AM »
Whoa, a mailbag! What's it a been, a... *checks* ...well, almost a year. I sent something once, but that was before I went to the FF and it never showed up anyway. It's clear most mailbag queries are from nonmembers, but then why don't they just join? Then again, neither did I, but it seems to me like members could talk about this stuff in the forums or already know it, because some are from members. After all, we've got people who join and never post anything, though they're probably just spambots or... whatever. Just thinking, um, aloud there. Don't read too much into it.

Regarding the posited similarity between the Kirby's Adventure boss theme and Moonview Highway's, I would just like to take this time to point out (or possibly re-point out) that I think the menu theme for Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat bears a similarity to the StarFox theme (or whatever song it is that plays on the Arwing stage in the Smash Bros. series. I'm not that steeped in SF "know").

As for those SMG textures, that was part of a massive article I, in embarrassed noobishness, linked to on a largely irrelevant thread.

Also, the wind in SMB2J is annoying, but a "glitch"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
He's talking about the glitch that you can pull off with the wind. http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb2-j_bugs.shtml

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 02:10:55 PM »
Hey, I actually got answered. That makes me happy.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
You know, I hardly could believe those hideous models could have been included in the data on SMG.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Maybe an earlier version?

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
when will the next wtmk update happen?
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »
The only one that especially got me was that Toad. Nowhere near finished or even working content... but also too complex for a placeholder when a box or something could work just fine... The rest, probably in for reference.

I was disappointed when I found that the Toads in SMG had no fingers.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »
I was thinking that it was just a very small Toad. But, yeah, I agree on the not-finished part.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
Hmm. Now that I think about it a bit more, I realize that it could very well be a mere placeholder. SMG's physics imitation came first, I'll bet.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
I have a few Mario cameos and rarities I would like to submit but since I'm lazy...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 10:19:12 PM »
when will the next wtmk update happen?

I was wondering the same. Does anybody know when the winter music will be removed/updated. Just asking not trying to be mean or anything. Also I though the mail bag was ended after only haveing one last year.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »
I have the Donkey Kong 94 SGB SPC set that I ripped along with someone else. Want it? There is also a major update with the Super Mario World .spc set.
I also have several unused Super Smash Bros. Melee narration samples that I extracted from the disk and used a program to aid in the extraction process. I need to organize and get more info on them.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:30:25 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print