Print

Author Topic: Lack of moderation in the chatroom  (Read 16210 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
Exactly! So the solution is to become a real idiot. I've been fine ever since.

Not a good thing for a staff member to admit.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »
Lack of moderation? Well, the need for it is virtually nil because no one talks at all, or it's a fast-paced discussion between 2-3 chatters. During both of those previous situations, everyone just says their one-liner or their "/me" line then everyone is suddenly dead again.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 12:58:40 AM »
That's the times you're there. During the afternoon it's quite busy sometimes.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »
I tried for the first time yesterday and ended up in the middle of a Deadpool discussion.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
I like how Jake entered the chatroom one time and got away with saying the N-word. Throughout the rest of the chat, I was talking with him on AIM about how he managed to just act recklessly and get no punishment.

It was lol.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 02:36:50 AM »
Because BP is, as he admitted in this very thread long ago, too soft to do anything as a half-op.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 02:19:57 PM »
It wasn't automatically censored by the server?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
I'm guessing he used a different spelling or something.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 04:51:46 PM »
I still wanna be an Op, I hate swearing as much as Sapphira does, I can't stand it when people act like idiots for no reason, I TRY not to break the rules. (I broke the No Spamming rule, but that was because I didn't know what spamming was or that I was doing it, but hey, live and learn. :/) But still, I wanna be a Op.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 02:42:28 AM »
I still wanna be an Op, I hate swearing as much as Sapphira does, I can't stand it when people act like idiots for no reason, I TRY not to break the rules. (I broke the No Spamming rule, but that was because I didn't know what spamming was or that I was doing it, but hey, live and learn. :/) But still, I wanna be a Op.

Good luck with that. In order to be even considered for a half-op position, you have to be up in the ranks quite a bit. I'm talkin' 007 or 00 Agent here. Based on your post count, you're probably not even an Agent yet. More like MI6 "In-Training".

(Go beat Facility in under 2:05. They like that.)

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Not only in the chatroom, but here in FF too.  I agree entirely with WarpRattler, people who don't have the time, or even want to bother with moderating anymore, should let people who they think would be good for the job be a half-op and get some experience.

I'm in General Chat all the time, look at my stats and you'll see its like the only place I enjoy posting.  I know about anything that goes on in there.  I don't even know if TMK has any mods from the east coast.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:09:31 AM by superstarMASIAH »
I only watch [adult swim]

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »
EDIT: Jeez, I just noticed, according to the timestamp, it has taken me a full year + one day to quote your reply, Jim.

...or it's a fast-paced discussion between 2-3 chatters.

During the afternoon it's quite busy sometimes.

Exactly, everyone is typing so quickly during those times, you can't get a word in edge-wise. There's almost no point of even asking questions in there. You ask a question and if someone starts discussing an answer with you, it's almost guaranteed to be interrupted by someone posting a URL to something they find funny or what-have-you. It can be annoying when you're in there to ask something legitimate and everyone kinda ignores it until about 15-20 minutes later when Fifth notices I said something in the midst of the firefight conversation and answers. I appreciate that he's always tried to answer my questions to the best of his knowledge.

That's just my experience. I'm not complaining or anything; I'm just reporting my findings every single time I go into the chatroom. So far, I've gathered this:

If you don't want to:
-Talk about JRPGs (and RPGs in general)
-Talk about shoot 'em ups
-Talk about collector's items that probably not a lot of people are worried about
-Participate in the linkbombing events
-Join the meme/lulz/one-up/4chan/etc. type discussion

...then gtfo.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:49:08 PM by Trainman »

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »
The initiation test has to be harder, highschool level material.
I only watch [adult swim]

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
That's just my experience. I'm not complaining or anything; I'm just reporting my findings every single time I go into the chatroom. So far, I've gathered this:

If you don't want to:
-Talk about JRPGs (and RPGs in general)
-Talk about shoot 'em ups
-Talk about collector's items that probably not a lot of people are worried about
-Participate in the linkbombing events
-Join the meme/lulz/one-up/4chan/etc. type discussion

...then gtfo.

The solution for most of that is to stop trying to talk to Warp.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
I'd be offended by that if it weren't so true.

But seriously, yes, we talk about non-Mario video games a lot. We talked about collector's items and limited editions exactly once. Most people in there hate memes, so I don't know where that last bit came from.

Sometimes you'll see BP talking about comics or Valve games. Sometimes you'll see Jim talking about fighting games. Sometimes it'll be Fifth talking about game development. Sometimes you'll walk in on a huge argument about how Crash Bandicoot is mediocre. You really never can tell what you'll see until you go in there.

Print