Print

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5650 times)

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:52 PM »
Post questions on how to do stuff on the site here!
For instance, I have two questions:1) how do you link to other threads? 2)how do you post spoiler tags?
Is this in spoilers?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:41:40 PM by Hello:) »
Good sir

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »
The easiest way is to copy the thread's URL.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
Thanks!
Good sir

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
Those are the same question. Topics and threads are synonyms.

If you want to make links better looking, you can type this:

Code: [Select]
[url=PasteURLHere]Text you want linked[/url]
Or, basically, type the text you want the link to say, highlight said text, then click "Insert Hyperlink" button , and it'll add the BBCode around it. All you have to do then is where it says "url" in brackets, add = and paste the URL. No spaces.

If in one of your questions, you mean how do you link to a specific post in a thread, first click the anchor on that post. Copy the URL.

Edit: Okay, you edited your question, so...
2) Type what you want as spoilers. Highlight said text. Click "Spoiler Text" button or type:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Text[/spoiler] That's it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:39:33 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »
Good sir

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:48 PM »
Odd how my browser can't detect spoilers.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
Since I've been gone, I noticed that the Stories section is missing from Miscellaneous.  Now there's Fan Creations and Forum Games.  Where is the most appropriate place to post Mario-stories fan fiction?  I would guess Fan Creations, but when I search for old stories they're in Forum Games...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
I think it's because Forum Games used to include stories.
Good sir

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:00:37 AM »
Fan fiction would go in Fan Creations. Fan Creations is for anything you create, like art, stories, poetry, music, animation, flash games, etc.

Forum Games can include stories, if they're something anyone can participate in, such as "one sentence story" and the like. Forum Games is geared for more meme-like topics and fun little things where anyone contributes. I guess it could be considered as having less "quality" content. (Posts in Forum Games don't count toward one's post count, if that says anything.)

When the Fan Creations board was added, depending on the content, topics that used to be in the Story Boards and later Forum Games and Stories were sifted through and sorted according to whether they belonged in Fan Creations or Forum Games. I imagine some may have been missed, but they can always be moved to a different board later if someone notices a misplaced topic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:05:43 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print