Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario: Splatoon  (Read 36509 times)

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2016, 09:08:32 AM »
So this game takes place on Prism Island, confirmed to be separate from the Mushroom Kingdom. Let's look at all the other times Mario has left the Mushroom Kingdom:

-Sunshine: Piantas, Nokis, etc
-Superstar Saga: Beanish, Hoohoo people, etc
-TTYD: So many different species I can't make a full list. Also the original PM even though it WAS Mushroom Kingdom, did this too.
-SPM: Again a variety of different species, most of them are designed around geometry and shapes.
-Galaxy/Galaxy 2: Lumas, Star Bunnies, Gearmos, Whittles, etc
-Dream Team: Pi'illos, Shelltops, Brocks, etc
-3D World: Sprixies

-Color Splash: .....Toads

yeeeaaaah anyone else think the "Sticker Star Effect" is causing them to ignore even the most obvious traditions even the main series has been following?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2016, 10:33:39 AM »
Color Splash opens with Mario getting a letter that's actually a folded-up paint-drained Toad, which motivates him to go check out the island. Maybe Mario still gets requests for help from non-Toad species but he's gotten xenophobic in his old age.

Wahoo! Make the Mushroom Kingdom great again! Build a wall and make Queen Bean pay for it!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »
Anyone taken one for the team and bought it yet?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
...I kinda want it. It looks like it's pretty good at being what it's trying to be.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2016, 10:30:59 PM »
It's not hard to be a disappointment.

...Trust me.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »
It's good, but then again, I didn't automatically hate it when it resembled Sticker Star and not Thousand Year Door. The story is actually funny and interesting. Even though Toads comprise ALMOST every NPC, several of them are all their own character. The game is also self-aware of the fact that its main NPCs are Toads, although I don't know how much of that was just the localization team messing with people. I mean, I just didn't immediately hate it, and I find self-referential humor funny. The game excels at what it means to, which makes it a good, fun game to me.

Maybe I'm just a raving lunatic for liking something most people intended to hate several months in advance.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2016, 04:10:35 AM »
I was seeing a lot of people turn around, give it a chance, and describe good first impressions.

Too bad I'm busy. I've yet to play the last two Ace Attorney games (or Layton vs. Wright, or the AAI spinoffs!) and have been getting ready to do that. I got Pikmin 3 a ways back and still haven't started it. I didn't finish Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon or Dark Souls 3. I really should get back to Metroid Prime 2 someday. I'm still meaning to play Wario Land 4, Shake It and Wario World so I can start complaining about the Wario hiatus two-fold. I think I'll probably really like Fallout: New Vegas when I give it more attention. I liked what I played of BioShock Infinite and have to give that another go, hopefully a go that won't be sabotaged by faulty autosaves. There's this game called Redout that looks like the successor to F-Zero I've wanted, and I'm dying to play that

I've got a large backlog. Maybe in twelve or fifteen years I'll get to Color Splash, since it'll definitely be beloved and remembered
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »
Most of those are in my backlog too, actually. Warioland 4's really good, though; you're gonna love it.

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:04 AM »
I want to get it, but my lack of Wii U is stopping me.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »

How do post pictures because every time I try it just has a ? in a blue square. Blue ? block perhaps?
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
You were using the url for the Imgur page for that picture; you gotta use the url for the picture itself, which usually ends in .png or .jpg or whatever

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2016, 01:53:50 AM »
You were using the url for the Imgur page for that picture; you gotta use the url for the picture itself, which usually ends in .png or .jpg or whatever

Thanks

Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:55 AM »
O L D  M E M E S
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print