Print

Author Topic: Pros and Cons of a new Forum  (Read 8854 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2003, 07:00:32 PM »
For the second time, I agree with fifth.

Fruit...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 07:16:09 PM »
How bout a bit more organization? I think that there should be a spam thread. I mean, cmon! Look at all the threads Insane Stever had to close on General Chat(even though 2 were mine=P).

Deezer should do something.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2003, 12:43:17 PM »
A...spam thread? Uh...

This is the guy who wants to make the forums better?

*scratches head*

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 01:35:01 PM »
OK! I DONT KNOW!!!!

This forum is missing something-I just cant get my finger right on it! Ahhhh! Jon! Think!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 02:06:20 PM »
 It's missing the substance it once had.

As of late, nothing but pointless bickering and countless arguments have been posted.

It's disheartening to hear, but the community we once had is no more.

To be honest, I've written up plenty of posts, lately, only to click the back button. Mainly, because what I would have posted probably would have caused more trouble than anything else. I don't like censoring myself, but I have done so lately to avoid conflict.

What I'm getting at is that censoring one's self is something those "parties whom shall remained unnamed" should look into. If someone angers you, don't give them the satisfaction of a response. It's fine to defend yourself, but when you do so in such a manner as the offender did to you, it means nothing.

Not only that, but all it does is "fuel the fire", so to speak. You're giving them a reason to continue. So, please, instead of the constant squabbles, let us get this forum back on track, not with flash avatars, nor signatures, but first with our own attitudes.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 02:28:16 PM »
Me and luigi~lover posted two non-stupid topics in general chat.  It was hard, especially since I was locked in the mario bar closet by someone.*cough*Chupperson Weird*cough*

Fruit...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2003, 04:07:03 PM »
I think Black Mage should get the Smartest Person Alive Poster Award.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2003, 08:47:42 PM »
FWIW, I've tested phpBB on KonTek, and it's a possibility we'll move the board to that.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2003, 09:01:14 PM »
Yeah, phpBB is a good forum. I remember Rork having it.

BTW, has Deezer have any ideas of a possible Portal in the mere future? Like I said, Classicgaming needs to offer PHP and mySQL to do these things...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2003, 09:37:22 PM »
You people never learn, do you?
The elder members of the board want it to stay simple, and if that's not an indication that we've got a good forum in spite of all the new junk, I don't know what is.

I was on a phpBB forum once. I hated it. Also, it wouldn't let me log in. It was full of problems. It wouldn't load. I don't like phpBB.
I also hate all the other new forum things.
Also, there are no mod CPs here. And it works a lot better than the other forums I moderate.
Also, if these ever turn into something like the GamingForce forums, I'll never be here again.

I have a better idea:
Instead of all these newbies trying to make the board change, why don't they just go and make their own forum, with all the stupid junk they want, and leave us alone? I've about had enough of this whining. Let us rebuild the greatness that was these forums.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/13/2003 8:41:32 PM
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2003, 12:54:25 AM »
I'm posting this to prove a point.

I am not for a new board to have new features or whatever.  I'm for a new board that properly implements what the current board is capable of.  One that doesn't let you circumvent the closed thread like I'm doing now.  One where bans actually work.  Most importantly, I'm for a new board because the CG server isn't keeping up with the load very well on this board (I get processing timed out errors all the time).  The Admins (Deezer & I, at least) would like something that works better so it's not just newbies that want a new board.  Furthermore, just because you had a bad experience with phpBB on somebody else's server doesn't mean that you'll have the same problems with ours.  Besides, I was simply commentting that I had installed Rork's board and it worked really well on Kontek.  This doesn't mean we necessarily have to go with phpBB.  I think it's ridiculous to close this thread without discussion.  We can turn off the flashy stuff.  I don't want avatars and eye candy, etc., I just want something that works properly and the current board is not cutting it.

Reply here

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 9/16/2003 7:04:46 PM

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2003, 07:47:51 PM »
Aw no, you just gave away the secret to replying to closed threads!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2003, 08:38:57 PM »
That's cool! Yay! Time to talk in my Yay thread! Bwahahahahaha! Evil jon! Just kidding. Well......maybe once. Er, ya.

Anyways, I know Rork. Yay! Im talking to him right now.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2003, 10:02:37 PM »
Well, MB, I can see that. But every transplanted board I've seen has died. There's something about these forums that makes them cool. And that would be lost in a newer forum. Plus, all the archives couldn't be moved to a new board. It sure seems like a better idea just to keep them the way they are now.
If you think you have to make another forum, then leave links to this one on the main site, so the elder members can still come here. I won't be going to a new board.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2003, 11:42:28 PM »
The secret was right under my nose. I can't believe I couldn't figure it out.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

Print