Print

Author Topic: Pros and Cons of a new Forum  (Read 8850 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2003, 11:45:54 PM »

Edited by - nintendofreak on 9/15/2003 11:00:43 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2003, 11:50:22 PM »
Let jon have his Yay! topic.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2003, 11:51:02 PM »

Edited by - nintendofreak on 9/15/2003 10:59:31 PM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2003, 11:39:19 AM »
What do you know? Here's another old member saying again, don't change the boards.

Don't change the boards. Please?

*whimpers*

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2003, 01:53:17 PM »
After thinking a little, it seems like perhaps MEGAߥTE is compromising the board structure to sway the argument in favor of a new board. I don't agree with this tactic. By revealing secrets, you're just opening the way to another Code Wars.* These forums work quite well when you don't do something like that.

*(Thereby furthering the argument.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2003, 04:22:36 PM »
WHat this forum defineltly needs is a new server. It goes extremely slow now for me and i have LAN(local Area Network-cable). This is rediculous.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Edited by - jon on 9/16/2003 3:23:29 PM

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2003, 05:20:46 PM »
I don't really think this forum really needs any modifications, other than perhaps a little more SPEED!CashCrazed

Unofficial Moderator

Don't try it, Phantos!Posted - 8 March 2003 12:13 PST  'Show  'Email      Posts: 2022
Imagine if every post had this sort of glitterati. Avatars, rankings, personal descriptions! Would you prefer that to this uniform posting manner that is now?

Welcome.......to the future!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/16/2003 4:22:07 PM

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2003, 05:24:46 PM »
Eh, CashCrazed, Deezer has the avaliability to turn those things on and off. I say the new forum is still a good idea.

And I think I might give myself an avatar in these forums too..... I know how.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2003, 08:02:05 PM »
No, actually I admit that it was stupid to post the reply link, at least until we had discussed more.  However, I was also afraid that a new thread on the topic would simply be closed again.
It should be noted that Gamespy no longer supports this board, and it's entirely possible that they will remove ASP support since it's apparently such a resource drain.  Note that I'm not proposing a new board for the sake of a new board, but for the sake of security on the existing board.  I think I'll close the holes in this one myself, but that doesn't help problems with speed/responsiveness, my main gripe.
It's entirely possible that the people wanting new stuff will just use the IRC chatroom instead and nobody but the oldest members will bother with this one anyway.  We'll just have to see.
I ask that people do not exploit the hole I displayed unless you want to be banned.

Print