Print

Author Topic: How Did You Discover TMK?  (Read 29761 times)

« on: December 13, 2003, 06:26:17 AM »
I remember how I did, in March 2001. I was looking up downloads for my favorite game at the time, The Sims, and somehow got back into thought about the Mario cartoons. I stopped searching for The Sims downloads, and started searching for information about the cartoons. I stumbled upon www.smbhq.com, where I found all of my cartoon info. I looked at the Links section, and the first on the list was THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM, stating how it is the best Mario site made. So I clicked there, and here I am.

She's drunk; it's funny!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 12:03:05 PM »
On July 3rd, 2001, I found this site in my search for MarioKart 64 cheats.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 12:08:16 PM »
I believe on June 30th, 2003, I was looking for information/pictures of Boo, and the Mariopedia's link came up on Google. I clicked on it and was mystified by the Mariopedia. Sooner or later, I discovered that there was more to TMK than the Mariopedia. I finally joined the forums on August 7th. Ah yes...how nostalgic.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 12:10:16 PM »
my friend who would use most of his time writing storys on here introduced me.

everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  
everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 12:46:51 PM »
It was back in March, and I was very bored.  I go on to my computer, which I didn't go on to very often, and I think about what I want to look up.  Y'know, for the [heck] of it.  So I look up "Mario" and "video games" and www.classicgaming.com appeared.  So I'm looking in the announcments, and I see the "Mushroom Kingdom" as one of the recent things.  So I click, and end up there.  It's a pretty good site, and I saw the words Fungi Forums after a few weeks.  I didn't even know what a forum was!  I click it, and realize it's like a chatroom, sort of.  I read what people wrote all the time, and on June 28, 2003, I posted for the first time.   And you know the rest.  Back to you, Sapphira.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?

~Yes, back to me. Now where did I put my soap...?   ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 12/14/2003 3:18:08 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 01:00:54 PM »
Some time ago I was earching for a nitendo fansite.  This was also how I discovered the rubber chicken (a humor website.  They used to make parodies of nintendo and stuff).

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 04:35:58 PM »
Don't remember. It had something to do with SSB N64.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 04:55:53 PM »
I was looking for pictures of bowser. I found it. I loved it. I never left.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 09:27:04 PM »
I remember I was looking for Mario information one day, back in 1999, on my WebTV.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 11:15:20 PM »
Midi search in '97, baby!

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 11:49:15 PM »
I did a search for Mario sound effects for a fangame I was making.
The game flopped, but I found what I was looking for... and then some!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 12:05:42 AM »
Well, it all started when I was on a cabride on a train with one my dad's friends. We were going along and a bus with "TMK: The Mushroom Kingdom" stalled on the tracks. We crashed into it, so that's how I discovered it.

Actually, I was just surfing the web for Mario stuff and here I am. I believe I joined the forums in August.

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2003, 07:31:58 AM »
It's neat that with a few clicks and searches you come upon a whole new world.

I got here when a friend at school told me about it, and he wrote down the address, and so I typed the address, which was a password to enter the elaborate world of Mario.

My identity will not be spoken.
My identity will not be spoken.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2003, 08:22:38 AM »
I can't remember.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 05:25:56 PM »
Hmm...  I've been coming here for so long that I honestly can't remember.  Ever since we got a computer, I'm sure. 8th grade, probably?  Hmm... 1999?

On March 30th, 2003, however, I expanded my horizon and came to the forums.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2003, 05:46:48 PM »
Huh, right when she joins, she's mod for some reason. How much did you pay them, Sapphira?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2003, 06:27:54 PM »
Ha. Very funny.  I became a mod at the beginning of August, dude. 4 months later. >:P

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2003, 07:40:49 PM »
I can remember clearly how I discovered this wonderful place! My ex-friend and I were surfing the net, and we came along this place called "The Luigi Awareness Society"...... We hung around there for awhile then we got to the links. As we were looking though all the sites, I thought this one sounded the best!

For about two weeks I checked out this place, then I made my way into the Fungi Forums! Cool, eh?

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 11:04:23 PM »
If you want to diss on Sapphira's mod-status because of the time she's been here, check her post count.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2003, 11:21:42 PM »
Nobody can take a joke...

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 10:24:11 AM »
Believe it or not, I discovered this very website around 2001 via a Sonic the Hedgehog website, Sonic HQ to be exact. They have a certain button in their introductory page, which is part of their affiliate's links, and this button had this writing: "TMK: Got Mario?"...
Being a Super Mario fan as well, I clicked it...

If it weren't for Sonic HQ, I wouldn't have been doing this very post right about now... I think...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 11:34:56 AM »
Idiscovered TMK sometime during the summer of 2002. I was using a search engine. I had typed in Nintendo and one of the sites that came up was The Mushrom Kingdom and here I am today!

It''s-a me, Wario. And I''''ve come to take a bite out of Mario''s fame!!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2003, 06:29:50 PM »
i asked screech where a cool site is, he directed me here, and i loved it since...ill edit this to say when...well, to save u trouble, go to the verrry first post on FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!! topic, and thats the date and time to the second i joined tmk

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''''''re still ahead"?

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 06:30:15 PM »
I was searching for Mario on the net.

--------------------
I''m Sonya! Sonya the hedgehog! I''m Sonic''s lesser known sister and I''m the keeper of the Plasma Emerald!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2004, 04:39:21 PM »
The Summer after TMK's 4th Birthday, the computer we had just got a cable modem. So, I went on a few sites. I found a site called "Yo****opia!" and thought it would be a cool place to be a regular on. Alas, just a few days later, Yo****opia got shut down. I started looking for other sites....Then I found this weird button showing varoius Mario sprites jumping on various Goomba sprites. And, here I am.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2004, 08:20:48 PM »
I came here by looking for downloads.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 04:34:04 PM »
1999 when I was a larger of a Kirby fan, I found TMK on KRR's affilites.  Now my appreciation for Kirby has gone down quite a bit because of 1)The cartoon & 2) the fact that KRR has gotten more and more cluttered.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 08:51:33 PM »
When SSB came out, I became obsessed with Nintendo characters. I made it my goal to compile some sort of encyclopedia of characters. But searching for "Nintendo Characters" on Yahoo! only gave me the cast list of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! So I decided to narrow my search down. I started with "Mario Characters" and here I am.

"There''s only one thing to do at a time like this- STRUT!"- Bart Simpson
This is a secret coded message.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2004, 01:09:06 AM »
I can't remember when I found TMK for the first time...it was a long time ago, though. I joined the forum last year, about a week or two before Trainman and Meowrik...funny that they seemed to join around the same time.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2004, 04:51:04 PM »
Wow, I've been going to TMK for a long time. I orginally went to SMBHQ.com, but that site was too cluttered. Then I found a link on the SMBHQ site that said "TMK: Got Mario?", it seemed interesting so I clicked on it...and the rest, as you know, is history.

And, as many have said in the past: This is the BEST Mario fan site!

Congratulations go to Deezer, Megabyte, and the rest of the TMK crew for keeping this site so organized and updated!

I once suggested that TMK could be more Nintendo oriented, instead of just about Mario, but that idea was shot down...

============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2004, 09:54:35 AM »
Well it was in like 2000 when I searched for like chets/codes for mario games. Then I first started in the mailbag(asking really stpid questions), then I went to the Chatroom and now I'm in the forums the forums.

Push button...
Receive Bacon!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 06:02:13 PM »
I was also searching for Mario-related stuff and downloads (as well as information on their cartoons), and as a result, landed here for my first time in March 2002.

-Making your way in the world today DOES take everything you''ve got!-

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2004, 06:59:55 AM »
Me, I was on classicgaming.com/sotss, which stands for Secret Of The Seven Stars, and TMK was an affiliate.

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2004, 07:02:35 AM »
Oh yes, I also forgot to note- I joined the Fungi Forums in September 2002.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
It's been a long time since I first found TMK (so long that it looked like this when I found it). I think I had been searching for ROMs of arcade games and found ClassicGaming, which at the time was hosting TMK. The URL stayed in the back of my mind for a long time, and I would occasionally come back to it. I last came back when Mario Kart DS was released, and joined the FF a month later to get friend codes. I haven't left since.

So, how did you find TMK?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
Some time in the summer of 2001 when I had finally gotten cable internet. I found an awesome-looking button linking to here, and decided to stay for awhile.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »
I went to Google.com to search for info on Mario games. I found TMK, and decided to join the forum, because I had been banned from the S2Beta forums (I was hoping the people in the Mario communities would be nicer). And here I am now.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »
I found the URL in a Mario character FAQ by a fellow named spacepope4u, who used this site to get most of his info.

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
I already made a topic like this.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »
Anything Related To mario I Searched On Google

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »
I knew about this place for a while. I've seen TMK mentioned in posts on numerous forums so I've visited the site, but I never thought of joining the forum until just now.
Snifit 1: "Booster, Sir. There is a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »
Anything Related To mario I Searched On Google
I like how every word but "Mario" is capitalized.
I found TMK a long time ago with the traditional search for cheat-codes in Mario games. Like, a LONG time ago. When there were quotes of sorts under the logo (Trust the fungus, Better than a warm cricket pie). That's a super-long time ago. In the years that followed, nothing of particular interest happened. I still visited TMK frequently for stuff like release dates and other info. Then, exactly two years prior to today, I joined the forums. I've changed so much... but it's all for the better.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
I remember coming to the site when the mailbag was the most exciting thing on the site (how long has TMK been around?) I even submitted something to the mailbag (I made a comment about Donkey Kong's genalogy, and when TMK published my letter in the 'bag, that's what the header above it said Donkey Kong Genalogy)

I remember registering for one of the first sets of forums here (though I never posted, because I really hated that forums were becoming the main way of communicating in a website, instead of just emailing the webmasters or whatever..)

I used the name Yellow Shyguy one time, but I can't remember what the password was, so I'm going to guess and say that that particular user name has been deleted? Anyway, I've been visiting the site for a while,  but came to the forums more recently, after the turn of the century. :)

EDIT: A letter from me is featured in this mailbag. The second letter, from Jon :)

EDIT2: Another mailbag, another letter. Click. Again, from Jon.

EDIT3: Here. I'm the last one on the page.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:59:20 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
I think I win the "lame" prize.

To be honest I never knew there was a website correlating to the Fungi Forums until quite a while after I had joined. I was surfing the NSider forums at nintendo.com around November in 2005 and saw a topic Luigison (known as Luigisan over there) had made, advertising a Mario Kart DS competition with prizes. I asked him about it and he said you had to be a member of the FF for at least two weeks to be eligible, so I thought heck, why not? I joined up here and raced through the game vigorously over the next two weeks, and had trouble posting my pictures of proof, thus leading me to #tmk. I could have won, too, but I had beaten the game before the two weeks were up and Suffix beat me to it. I'm still bitter about it. Naw, I'm not bitter. I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this topic. Anyway, I guess I figured I had nothing better to do, and kept coming back here, which led to much time wasted and some really really intense Mario Kart races with Suffix. Good times, good times.

I have a question to add on to MaxVance's (or, rather, NE89's) original one: How long have you been logged in, total? My count as of 10:05 PM MST February 4, 2007 is 16 days, 5 minutes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »
I have a record 45 days, 1 hours and 22 minutes as of now, and I say record meaning Eclipsed Moon HAS to have cheated to have usurped me so quickly. He just came back and suddenly rocketed up to first place... What a cheating usurper, or usurping cheater. :(
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »
100% legitimate 72 days, 1 hours and 14 minutes as of February 04, 2007, 11:54:52 pm CST

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 02:01:11 AM »
His browser auto-refreshes the page. That is too CHEATING.

Anyway, I've been coming to TMK since it was about two years old. I don't remember how I found it, considering it was like 8 years ago. Let's see, we got a computer in like November 1998, so yeah. I still remember this logo:

...I feel old.

Edit: Oh yeah, I've been logged in 41 days, 5 hours and 22 minutes as of Monday, 02/05/07, 03:14:57 AM EST.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:50:54 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 05:59:54 AM »
I do not auto-refresh.

And I completely forgot to bother saying when I first found TMK, because really I don't know when.  But it would appear that it was either 1997 or early 1998, thanks to "things" that help me realize "times".

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:54 AM »
Hmm. I believe it started way back when I had first gotten a home computer (I believe 2003). I was quite new to the computer, and perhaps a year later, give or take a few months, I bumped into TMK on the subway while looking for Mario and Nintendo-related things on the Internet. He showed me this curious site and its inner mechanisms, and I was satisfied. So, for about a year after that, I would often visit the site and see what the current buzz was. Then, I learned all about "Internet Chatting," thanks to MSN Messenger. So, I found the chatroom, but I didn't know how to access it (I was stupid with computers at the time. I only possessed the enough knowledge to do about anything I needed to, minus this). Finally, I found the message board, the Fungi Forums, and I've been a member since November 5, 2005.
On the other note, I have been logged-in for 17 Days, 11 Hours, and 32 Minutes.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »
I never knew anything about the internets, but I did know about MIDI files, and I did know that this old program my dad found, Encore, was capable of tearing MIDI files apart to see what was the music behind them. Fueled by a love of SM64 music, I found TMK and its library of MIDI files in the spring of 2000 or 2001 (I didn't know about VGMusic, for some reason). Also around tat time, I saw the internet as a library, and not so much a community. I stuck around TMK, but avoided the forum. When I became displeased with my local friends, I decided to see what the Fungi Forums was about. I made a profile, explored a bit, and almost threw up.

I came back later and discovered the evolution of BORED, with which I was thrilled. I was most pleased to see that it had become something that sparked interest. I asked Deezer, I believe, to dig up my old username and password so that I could join.

Not long later, I discovered that IRC may pose an interesting way to communicate instantaneously with the people of TMK, and I spent many days learning how to use mIRC and what IRC commands were all about. Months later, my crazy web-designing, choir-teaching, PUD-running grandfather game me Studio MX for my birthday, and you know what the result of that was.

The end.

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
I used the internet to find it. What else would I have used?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »
Well, I used a toaster.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:05 AM »
I found TMK via search engine. I used to check the site for updates. I never tried the forums until very late 2005.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »
I was looking through GameFAQs for a SMS guide for my cousin, and it had either a Mario Endings guide or a Mario Character guide.  I don't remember which, but one had TMK as a reference.  A few minutes later (I was a slow typer then), I had gotten on and looked through quite a bit.  about 2 weeks later, I joined the forums once I realized they even existed.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
Search Engine!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »
I was looking through GameFAQs for a SMS guide for my cousin, and it had either a Mario Endings guide or a Mario Character guide.  I don't remember which, but one had TMK as a reference.  A few minutes later (I was a slow typer then), I had gotten on and looked through quite a bit.  about 2 weeks later, I joined the forums once I realized they even existed.

That's exactly how I found the site!

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
The Chef invited me here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:08:11 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
I found TMK via a link on another Classicgaming site long ago. I think it was sometime 2002 or 2003. Maybe earlier. I started visiting the Fungi Forums sometime 2004.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »
Hmm... I feel like I haven't been here too long (probably 'cuz I haven't) but I remember I must've found TMK somewhen around 2001, because I don't remember the old page at all......  Of course I could be wrong.  My most vivid memory of this place is the old 'Mario through the ages' intro page. Anyway, I think I must've been somewhere around 10 years old, and I think I must've googled something and wound up coming here.  I've been hanging around the site for years, but just haven't joined the FF until recently.

......Oh yeah, my logged in time is a completely honest 15 hours 38 minutes.  Like I said, I haven't been here long.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 02:32:48 AM »
I come from the year 4217, where the website TMK is the largest organization on the planet and controls half the world governments. That's how I first discovered it. It was pretty hard to miss. Attempting to overthrow this power, terrorist organizations engineered a time machine and went back in time to the year 1989 in order to murder an infant Deezer and change history.

Fortunately, TMK Black Ops sent 4217's greatest warrior (me) back as well, just in time *rimshot* to save Deezer (he may remember an incident involving that bus, well that didn't happen the first time through history). Due to unforseen problems, I was unable to travel back to my future, and I ended up working for TMK, which has probably destroyed billions of lives in the future.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 10:02:01 PM »
Well that explains a lot......

Lizard Dude, do you have an Austrian accent by any chance?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 10:07:43 PM »
Very indirectly through Nintendo Power.

In an older issue, NP listed a bunch of interesting Nintendo fansites, one of them being Super Mario Bros. Headquarters (http://smbhq.com), and I checked them out. TMK was linked to from there, and I've been regularly visiting the site since then, which was around 2001, I believe.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 01:16:54 AM »
Lizard Dude, do you have an Austrian accent by any chance?
What's it to ya?

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »
to the year 1989 in order to murder an infant Deezer and change history.
Odd, because Deezer was 10 at the time...

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
How did I discover TMK? It's kinda stupid, but it's hilarious. That Kirby Superstar ad, you know, the one where the kid is bloated up to the size of a boulder? In the ad, the doc states that the kid has "TMK", or "Too Much Kirby". So I googled it, because I really couldn't remember the name of the game (I was 11 or so at the time, and 3 when I first saw the ad.....I think) but I remembered that the doc had stated "TMK" in the ad. Lo and behold, I found TheMushroomKingdom. I stayed on the site for 3 years until finally joining the forums. I'll never forget this story, because it's so weird.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:50:59 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »
Odd, because Deezer was 10 at the time...
You try keeping dates accurate for 2228 years.

Oh yeah, and PaperLuigi wins the thread.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2007, 08:44:56 AM »
Man, I just want to take all these threads and knit a TMK sweater.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »
I found Luigi in SM64, after telling me to get a life, he then told me to go to www.classicgaming.com/tmk/

So that's how I got here.
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 05:52:45 AM »
I found Luigi in SM64, after telling me to get a life, he then told me to go to www.classicgaming.com/tmk/

So that's how I got here.

TMK.  Where a life awaits all.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »
I can't really recall, sadly, but I think I was browsing around SMBHQ at the beginning of 2006 when I found a link to TMK.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 09:34:23 PM »
When I was on Video Game Director's Cuts, I saw an article of the Minus World,
and I found a link to TMK, this nice site.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »
VGDC? I was a former member there.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 12:19:47 AM »
I just kinda popped in on a Classic Mario-gaming kick for no real rhyme or reason.

Spontaneous joining is fun.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2007, 02:52:24 PM »
I randomly searched "mario" in Google and this was one of the first links that showed up.
"it's always the present"

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
Google is handy.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
About two years ago, I was searching around on Google for information on random video games, and it came up with a link to TMK. Just being curious, I followed the link, and ended up here. I mainly liked the Mariopedia, but on my birthday last year, I decided to try out the forums. Actually, what brought me to the forums was a thread about the Secret Page. I wanted to post in that thread, but never actually ended up posting in it. Odd, huh? Anyway, TMK is actually what got me really into Mario. I think that's pretty cool.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
Yeah, I really wonder what my life would have been like had I never come to TMK.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »
My first post, so why not discuss my history with this site?

My family had moved into our new house in summer 2000, and we had finally gotten the internet. Being the Nintendo nut that I was, I decided to look for some Nintendo sites that were not fan made. I stumbled upon this site, and became an avid reader. =)
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2007, 05:07:18 PM »
I can use this thread to my advantage to try and find out an answer to a question whilst contributing to the thread.

I found out about this website when I googled Mr. Bungle Super Mario Theme. And my question related to that is:
Where were Mr. Bungle when the mp3 of the overworld theme hosted on the website was recorded? Was it San Francisco? I can't find the full version of it if it was. If anyone knows how to get the full version of the mp3 hosted on this website, please tell me.

It was about a month after finding out about the website that I decided to join the forum. I'm on another Mario forum too, but that one doesn't seem as active (which is the reason I joined this one).

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »
Well, about few years ago, I was searching for n64 cheats, and I discovered the TMK.Net. But I didn't become a member until a few days ago.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »
Where were Mr. Bungle when the mp3 of the overworld theme hosted on the website was recorded? Was it San Francisco?
We have multiple Mr. Bungle recordings.
1989.12.28 - Guerneville, CA
1990.05.27 - San Francisco, CA
1991.01.13 - Berkeley, CA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:44:11 PM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
I found this place by looking up glitches in games. I really liked TMK, so I joined the forums.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
I believe I joined the Fungi Forums when I saw this weird game that had a Mario cameo, and I made my first topic about it.

For the people who want to criticize my and view how much I was a noob at that time, feel free to click this link.

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=8411.msg79139

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:31 AM »
AhahahhaahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaHAHAAHAHHAAHAHaha at my post in that thread.

I rented Mario Party advance and stopped playing it about 10 minutes in because it sucked.

- "Rented." + "Pirated."
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »
Might as well lie since you're already stealing.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
Ouch!

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
i heard about it first from my friend shyguy 92
There is no spoon.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:41 PM »
It was mid-late 2001, and we had just gotten dial-up in our house. Lousy ISP, Surferz; pretty much impossible to load anything after 6 PM because the servers were overloaded. Still, I would procrastinate from doing schoolwork by AltaVista-ing (I'm not sure I'd even heard of Google at the time) Mario stuff all day. There were, of course, plenty of Angelfire sites that played Culex's battle theme as soon as you opened the page, but a few sites stood out from the rest. TMK was one of them, along with SMBHQ, NintendoLand, and World-of-Nintendo.com; and TMK quickly revealed itself to be the best Mario site out there. SMBHQ was close, especially back when NC was updating (I remember seeing most of the Bill & Fred series when they first came out), but nothing could top TMK. Especially once NintendoLand stopped updating and World-of-Nintendo.com shut down.

Now I'm going into nostalgia mode... I remember JJ answering mailbags, and then the guy that wrote a poem that compared JJ to "a pregnant woman who forgot to take her Midol"; I remember SMBHQ's hiatus; I remember back when Luigi in SM64 seemed somewhat feasible...

I remember following the name changes from Mario Story to Paper Mario Story (and Deezer pointing out the acronym, even though I didn't know what PMS was at the time) to just Paper Mario; I remember when the Dolphin was called the StarCube; I remember seeing pictures of the 100 Marios demo; I remember the sheer awe at the first screenshots of Melee; I remember when I first saw screenshots of Luigi's Mansion, I said "How are they doing these graphics? It can't be polygons, they're too smooth!"

For some reason, though, I didn't join the Fungi Forums until 2006. Although I think I may have joined before that, but then forgot both my password and the email address that I signed up with before even making any posts, and didn't get around to making another account for a while. Shame, too, because I can't fully appreciate this.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »
That last screen is really horrible.
That was a joke.

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »
hmmmm... I had stumbled upon it sometime in 2004,kept simply reading articles. Then,It left my mind for a couple of years. After that,I remember TMK and go to it and I joined the forums and I now go to this site everyday.

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2008, 04:09:56 AM »
redacted
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:50:00 PM by wheelman543 »

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »
A few years back, when I first started my research on video games, which I still do to this date (only not just video games, but many things)
I was researching the history of Mario titles, and I came across TMK, and found it to have very much great information on it.
Ditto used Machop!

Print