Print

Author Topic: How Did You Discover TMK?  (Read 29914 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »
100% legitimate 72 days, 1 hours and 14 minutes as of February 04, 2007, 11:54:52 pm CST

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 02:01:11 AM »
His browser auto-refreshes the page. That is too CHEATING.

Anyway, I've been coming to TMK since it was about two years old. I don't remember how I found it, considering it was like 8 years ago. Let's see, we got a computer in like November 1998, so yeah. I still remember this logo:

...I feel old.

Edit: Oh yeah, I've been logged in 41 days, 5 hours and 22 minutes as of Monday, 02/05/07, 03:14:57 AM EST.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:50:54 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 05:59:54 AM »
I do not auto-refresh.

And I completely forgot to bother saying when I first found TMK, because really I don't know when.  But it would appear that it was either 1997 or early 1998, thanks to "things" that help me realize "times".

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:54 AM »
Hmm. I believe it started way back when I had first gotten a home computer (I believe 2003). I was quite new to the computer, and perhaps a year later, give or take a few months, I bumped into TMK on the subway while looking for Mario and Nintendo-related things on the Internet. He showed me this curious site and its inner mechanisms, and I was satisfied. So, for about a year after that, I would often visit the site and see what the current buzz was. Then, I learned all about "Internet Chatting," thanks to MSN Messenger. So, I found the chatroom, but I didn't know how to access it (I was stupid with computers at the time. I only possessed the enough knowledge to do about anything I needed to, minus this). Finally, I found the message board, the Fungi Forums, and I've been a member since November 5, 2005.
On the other note, I have been logged-in for 17 Days, 11 Hours, and 32 Minutes.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »
I never knew anything about the internets, but I did know about MIDI files, and I did know that this old program my dad found, Encore, was capable of tearing MIDI files apart to see what was the music behind them. Fueled by a love of SM64 music, I found TMK and its library of MIDI files in the spring of 2000 or 2001 (I didn't know about VGMusic, for some reason). Also around tat time, I saw the internet as a library, and not so much a community. I stuck around TMK, but avoided the forum. When I became displeased with my local friends, I decided to see what the Fungi Forums was about. I made a profile, explored a bit, and almost threw up.

I came back later and discovered the evolution of BORED, with which I was thrilled. I was most pleased to see that it had become something that sparked interest. I asked Deezer, I believe, to dig up my old username and password so that I could join.

Not long later, I discovered that IRC may pose an interesting way to communicate instantaneously with the people of TMK, and I spent many days learning how to use mIRC and what IRC commands were all about. Months later, my crazy web-designing, choir-teaching, PUD-running grandfather game me Studio MX for my birthday, and you know what the result of that was.

The end.

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
I used the internet to find it. What else would I have used?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »
Well, I used a toaster.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:05 AM »
I found TMK via search engine. I used to check the site for updates. I never tried the forums until very late 2005.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »
I was looking through GameFAQs for a SMS guide for my cousin, and it had either a Mario Endings guide or a Mario Character guide.  I don't remember which, but one had TMK as a reference.  A few minutes later (I was a slow typer then), I had gotten on and looked through quite a bit.  about 2 weeks later, I joined the forums once I realized they even existed.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
Search Engine!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »
I was looking through GameFAQs for a SMS guide for my cousin, and it had either a Mario Endings guide or a Mario Character guide.  I don't remember which, but one had TMK as a reference.  A few minutes later (I was a slow typer then), I had gotten on and looked through quite a bit.  about 2 weeks later, I joined the forums once I realized they even existed.

That's exactly how I found the site!

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
The Chef invited me here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:08:11 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
I found TMK via a link on another Classicgaming site long ago. I think it was sometime 2002 or 2003. Maybe earlier. I started visiting the Fungi Forums sometime 2004.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »
Hmm... I feel like I haven't been here too long (probably 'cuz I haven't) but I remember I must've found TMK somewhen around 2001, because I don't remember the old page at all......  Of course I could be wrong.  My most vivid memory of this place is the old 'Mario through the ages' intro page. Anyway, I think I must've been somewhere around 10 years old, and I think I must've googled something and wound up coming here.  I've been hanging around the site for years, but just haven't joined the FF until recently.

......Oh yeah, my logged in time is a completely honest 15 hours 38 minutes.  Like I said, I haven't been here long.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 02:32:48 AM »
I come from the year 4217, where the website TMK is the largest organization on the planet and controls half the world governments. That's how I first discovered it. It was pretty hard to miss. Attempting to overthrow this power, terrorist organizations engineered a time machine and went back in time to the year 1989 in order to murder an infant Deezer and change history.

Fortunately, TMK Black Ops sent 4217's greatest warrior (me) back as well, just in time *rimshot* to save Deezer (he may remember an incident involving that bus, well that didn't happen the first time through history). Due to unforseen problems, I was unable to travel back to my future, and I ended up working for TMK, which has probably destroyed billions of lives in the future.

Print