Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Puzzle Collection canceled?  (Read 3848 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 12, 2004, 12:23:28 AM »
On Nintendo.com I notice a while back that the Nintendo Puzzle Collection was classified as "Rumored", but a few days ago it disappeared from the master game list and from my wishlist.  Does this mean that the US release was canceled?  If so, it should be removed from the list on TMK.

You don't have to be a fool to fall in love, just folish.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 12:28:41 AM »
The US release had better not be cancelled! *goes to start a petition to have it come out in the US*

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:23:32 PM »
If Nintendo did, I will hate them for the next 24 hours. I wanted to buy that game for my mother for Mother's Day someday...

Most people here know the tragic story of my mother and Yoshi's Cookie.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:55:02 PM »

NO! This is the one game I was awaiting! ARRRRRRGH!

If Nintendo cancels this game, I seriously will forever doubt Nintendo's marketing abilities.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 12:00:39 AM »
Nintendo needs to release more puzzle games over here, anyways.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 04:34:12 AM »
This puzzle game may not sell well because of its puzzle genre. Kids today don't like games that challenge your logical abilities, they mostly want games with action and violence. Also to note, quote David Dayton at last year's E3, "Graphics fans will not be happy here." The graphics team used low-resolution graphics and those from the Nintendo 64. Yoshi's Cookie was the only game actually redone.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 12:06:18 AM »
The game would not have sold well in the US because of the INSANELY girly graphics in Panel de Pon.  And we all know how big the female US videogame market is.  I would have bought it in a heartbeat.  I'm confident enough in my masculinity to play a superhappy colorful puzzle game as a pink winged fairy with a glittery star wand, or whatever the heck was in Panel de Pon.  I don't care.  The game is awesome.

Nintendo SHOULD HAVE modified the game the change Panel de Pon to Tetris Attack and released it as "Mario Puzzle Collection" in the US.  It would have sold decently well.

I may be naive, but I am still optamistic that Nintendo will release the game in the US.  Maybe they'll sneak it out near the end of GCN's life like they did with Dr. Mario 64.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 01:11:32 AM »
They probably didn't want to translate Panel de Pon again or something.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 12:04:30 AM »
Yeah, I don't care about graphics, as long as I have TA on my GC. I hate those really violent games that everyone likes, anyways.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 01:31:06 AM »
Recently I got an e-mail from somebody who e-mailed Nintendo and apparently Nintendo said NPC is currently not planned for a US release.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2004, 02:16:03 AM »
Bummer.

This is spam.  It should be avoided like um like well spam.  Like gag me with like a spoon of spam.  Like yeah.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 06:13:32 PM »
Wow, I never thought I'd say this but...

Nintendo! You idiots! What the heck is wrong with you?!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 07:09:22 PM »
NPC isn't listed on the NOE site, either.
However...
Two different major UK stores have it available for preorder, one gives a release date of Q3 2004 and the other says it is due 9/24/2004.
On a similar note, I've found that the English Pokemon Tetris for the Pokemon Mini system was released in at least Germany and Spain, but I can't find it anywhere else.  NOE does list that game, but has a null release date.  I don't understand why it wasn't released here unless it had something to do with licensing from the Tetris Company.
I don't know what to make of that.  Perhaps there is hope.  Weird stuff, either way.

Print