Print

Author Topic: I also have a question  (Read 5314 times)

« on: September 18, 2004, 06:38:24 PM »
I've got a really stupid question and I'd like someone to be able to tell me how to fix it.  Here's what happened:  I just started a new topic in one of the message boards (which I doubt will get much attention but who knows :)), and before I posted it I clicked on the box that says "Email me for every reply."  I never should have done that!  I tried several different things to change this so I could correct my mistake but the box was gone and now I'm stuck with lots of unwanted emails.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »
Politely ask a mod/admin to close/delete the topic.

Egg Power

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 08:33:43 AM »
Oh, thanks!  But... uh... I don't really want to close it just yet.  Not that I expect to get too many more replies to my weird topic, but I guess I just want to see if I get any more replies.  I'll close it if I don't.

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 02:33:19 PM »
You can't close it. A mod/admin does like TEM said, but it's no big deal. You can delete the e-mails and don't worry, we all check other peoples' threads. We're not that mean. ;)

Gray, the color of her eyes as if menacing clouds hang overhead
When anger strikes the goodness of her heart slate gray pierces you with a sudden chill making you give in to those beautiful eyes
But when she`s happy her eyes brighten as if the Sun shines through the opaqueness of the threatening clouds; you can`t help but smile

I want you... Only you
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 04:41:07 PM »
There is a back door way to change the email setting, but I don't remember how to turn it off.  I set up one of Cash Crazed popular threads to send him emails, and he eventially figured out how to turn it off.  You could ask him, but I think going through a mod or admin might be safer and easier.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 05:30:11 AM »
I have a problem with that website. But this some kinda big mistake as I just did from along ago! Remember?

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 9/24/2004 4:30:51 AM

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 03:52:32 PM »
I know you did turn the email confirmation on one time, Luigison, but I never had to turn it off.....I guess the topic you did it to must have died or something, or maybe it was that I only got one email and then they stopped for some reason. Of course, you COULD have done it to the Mario Bar topic.....but that would be cruel to make someone get stupid pointless emails for that the rest of their lives(as I see the Mario Bar won't be dieing anytime soon)

These quotes magically double every time I edit my profile!

''''''''''''''''

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/24/2004 2:53:32 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 03:57:27 PM »
Alrighty, it only took me about 30 seconds to find the "secret" to give people confirmation emails. Whoever started this topic, you should find a new one in YOUR email box for THIS topic. However, if this is the way you did it Luigison, there is no way to turn it off permanently

These quotes magically double every time I edit my profile!

''''''''''''''''

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 03:58:12 PM »
testing something

crap, didn't work. Okay Yoshisaurus, you're just stuck with it. There's nothing I can do.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/24/2004 3:01:37 PM

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 04:32:35 PM »
Heh, that's okay.  My topic of Pipe Dreams in Mario chat is dying and I don't think anyone will post in it again anytime soon (if ever).  Which is a shame since it was a pretty funny topic.  Ah well...

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 05:34:27 PM »
Look I told you, I is not the only one who visit no that website as they come. And so anyway their not suppose to see this, this my secret video game of the series from Super Mario.

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 9/24/2004 4:34:49 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 05:55:21 PM »
Actually, I've found that even if you check the email notification option, after about 15 or so replies to your topic, the emails will stop altogether from then on.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 06:34:30 PM »
That would seem to be what my have happened to the CC thread.  I wish I could remember what the threads topic was to see if it still worked or not.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 06:34:31 PM »
That would seem to be what my have happened to the CC thread.  I wish I could remember what the threads topic was to see if it still worked or not.

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 08:55:44 PM »
Oh!

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 9/24/2004 9:18:56 PM

Print