Print

Author Topic: Site suggestions  (Read 16812 times)

« on: October 29, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »
Looky here!  It's the first ever topic for suggestions in TMK.  How cool is that! (not that cool :))  Anyway, I just wanted to let people know about my ideas for improving this site and hear what you have to say.  I haven't been here very long and I forget most of the things I read in all of the mailbags so I probably have missed some stuff like this, but I hope this is new stuff.  If any of my ideas are complete garbage or people have already said them (or both) feel free to yell at me unmercifully.  Well, here's my ideas! (for the forums)

1. After you type a message in the box and the screen pops up that says "Message Posted! Thanks!", maybe that screen could automatically disappear and return to the board instead of having to click on the link.

2. Whenever you want to go to the last page of a topic you have to click on that topic and then the last page number.  Maybe instead of that you could have a faster method by making the number of posts at the right side into a link that quickly takes you to the last page.

3. Next to the number of posts you could have the name of the person who last posted instead of remembering the number of posts before you came.

That's all I can think of now but there might be more.  If you already have your good reasons for not doing this stuff I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 07:08:04 PM »
These aren't site suggestions, they are forum suggestions.  Don't make forums suggestions, we have little control over the software and would basically have to get a new board to do anything useful.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 07:39:07 PM »
Really?  Oh, I didn't know that.  I thought you could change that stuff whenever you want but I guess you can't.  Oops.  Well I'll think of something eventually.  At least this is here for those who have suggestions but are too lazy to create a new topic.

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 08:05:50 PM »
"It's the first ever topic for suggestions in TMK." You mean about the 50th.

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 09:17:02 PM »
Yeah... heh heh...

"Kids, don''''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:59:09 PM »
Well here is more. 1. All you're lardge files are on fileplanet. But It's buggy. Instead of Fileplanet, all of you're lardge files should use bitTorant.
2. You should have a GBS Archive and an USF archive and a GSF Archive. USF is n64, GSF is GBA and GBS is Gameboy.
3. Their should be some Online games feturing mario and a fangames Section.
4. You should Accept Comurcial roms from people who Own the Actual Games, and some Piroted games (Don't tell Sachen!).

Blastro Light hates Wordstrane! I... need... nero!
[Banned]

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 09:09:59 PM »

4. NO!!!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 11:43:46 PM »
"1. All you're lardge files are on fileplanet. But It's buggy. Instead of Fileplanet, all of you're lardge files should use bitTorant."

FilePlanet is not buggy, and using BitTorrent would be, I think, unwise.

"2. You should have a GBS Archive and an USF archive and a GSF Archive. USF is n64, GSF is GBA and GBS is Gameboy."
We already know all about these sound formats.

That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 07:49:21 AM »
Wow, this Nicolas character has spelling as bad as uvg. Maybe it is uvg...

Nothing but a Conservippie.

Edited by - Meowrik on 11/4/2004 2:19:52 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 04:35:31 PM »
Any suggestion without even a remote attempt at proper English will not be considered.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 05:03:59 PM »
I don't see why people talk to others if all they get back is criticism on how they talk(any form of communication).

1. I think you should install a megahurtz insulator to boost the hyperpower of the paging capabilities.

2. Why not make a page where you can have spam, a page for advanced html, and a page for avatars!  All you need are some cookies, glucosaminal based memory drive, and danishes.

Enjoy life.  There''s plenty of time to be dead.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 05:38:24 PM »
I believe that you forgot sarcasm tags.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 08:38:53 PM »
1. For the USF/GBS/GSF archives All files should be on Zophar's domain. 2. Unforchinatly, your recomended Emus (for NES and SNES) are bad;Zsnes is not working well with JFW and Nesticle was Discontinued. You should instead recommend SNES9x (for Accessibility) and FCE Ultra (It is more Moturn).  3. You should no longer accept any info that is Sega-related. Sega is Bad, in my appinion.

Quacka doodle doo!
[Banned]

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 09:54:37 PM »
Yes, Sega is absolutely terrible.  They never make any good games except for Sonic, Golden Axe, and a bunch of other stuff.  Wouldn't it be a shame if they worked with Nintendo and helped them make F-Zero GX?  Or worse, actually create games for GameCube and the Nintendo DS!  That would be so disturbing that I think I would die. (/sarcasm)

Well they did use to be evil when they competed against Nintendo and made fun of it.  Now Sony appears to be the one that is doing that now.  And I agree with putting all of the TMK advertisements in a place where no one can see them.  They drive me absolutely nuts.

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 017 DAY(S) REMAINING!!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/4/2004 7:57:44 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2004, 12:08:03 AM »
"1. For the USF/GBS/GSF archives All files should be on Zophar's domain."
Actually, they're not.

"2. Unforchinatly, your recomended Emus (for NES and SNES) are bad;Zsnes is not working well with JFW and Nesticle was Discontinued. You should instead recommend SNES9x (for Accessibility) and FCE Ultra (It is more Moturn)."

What is JFW? ZSNES is better than SNES9x in most respects. As for NES emulators, FCEU is alright, but unwieldy, and Nestopia is, in my opinion, better.

That was a joke.

Print