Print

Author Topic: Site suggestions  (Read 17013 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2005, 05:39:09 PM »
The forumers should be able to make avatars (they could enter a small bitmap made on paint in the profile update thing), but if it would mean a LOT of work, it wouldn't be worth it... But that would be really cool! (Check here to include your profile avatar by your name)

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »
I think a lot of people have already talked about that and it never works out for some reason.  But yeah I would like that too.  It would also be nice to have a box that you could click on that would get rid of other people's avatars (on your screen) so you wouldn't have to wait forever for load time if you didn't want to.

And here's another "idea" I just got.  Why don't we have just one more board and one where people can post their Mario fan art?  I can't draw for nothing but I'm starting to really like Yoshi fan art now.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/28/2005 5:59:04 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2005, 07:32:18 PM »
Bird Person, avators have been discussed before, but popular opinion was to not have them.  Most long time Fungi Forums members strongly opposed them.  I like the simplicity of this board.

CashCrazed and I both wrote code to add avatars, but nothing ever came of them.  Deezer and/or MB have wisely blocked much of the markup and script that allowed them anyway.

I sometimes post on the Nsider forums, and am very distracted from the thread comments by all the avators and banner signatures.  I like the Fungi Forums approach much better.

On that note, how's this for a signature?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2005, 07:38:37 PM »
I think my cats would like that signature.

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2005, 11:34:51 AM »
Hey, I have a question for the TMK crew.  What kind of things would like to see on this site someday that aren't possible or not available right now?  I would like a live chat room where people could talk to each other and see each other too with those computer cameras.  And some Mario games on this site would be really improve it.

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »
I think this site should be torn down.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2005, 06:29:51 PM »
Great idea.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/30/2005 10:37:02 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2005, 11:03:37 PM »
Yoshisaurus Rex, I hate your ideas.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2005, 07:50:11 PM »
Hmm. How 'bout... When the update thing says "New Mailbag," Make the link directly to the mailbag in question? Then if you want to visit older ones, click "Mailbag" on the left side where all the links are. I'm only saying this because my internet servive is slower than below average speed.

Got Bird? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2005, 10:29:37 PM »
You hate my ideas?  Man, that's pretty harsh if I don't say so.  I mean, just the way you said that.  Your ideas stink is okay with me but... hate?  That's another thing altogether.  But you're probably right... they aren't the best.  It's just stuff that I would like.  I made this topic a long time ago and didn't know that the forums couldn't be changed.  My last ideas were just things for fun and not real suggestions.  I enjoy thinking of "new" ideas but I guess a lot of them aren't as good as I think.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2005, 06:27:26 PM »
You should read the site and discover that we can't host ROMs. I didn't say they were bad ideas, I said I didn't like them.

"I think he will carry this island home in his pocket, and give it his son for an apple."
That was a joke.

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2005, 08:25:39 PM »
No Chup, you said you hated them.

Hate is a very strong word. Use it wisely.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2005, 11:39:42 PM »
I sure hope people don't HATE me for bumping this!  I was just wondering... are we going to get another mailbag soon?  The previous one said "last double digit bag" but I don't know if that means the last one.  I hope not!

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask this.  I didn't know if I should make a whole new topic out of it or not.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Print