Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74278 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« on: January 22, 2005, 12:12:49 PM »

Read it and weep. Or that's what I'll be doing if no one replies to this topic, at least.

Normally I do not post e-mails on the Internet for everyone to see, but somehow it seemed appropriate for this occasion. And the two messages below reveal nothing that everyone didn't already know (that Chup and I like game music, and that I have issues with priorities and stuff), anyway. As for the subject line, it's something of an inside joke that no one else here would get, so don't ask. ;)

Here's a shot of me to maybe get this topic off to a better start—and also because I don't look anything like the picture on my e-mail above.

Posts from all are welcome, but I'm most concerned about getting input from those planning on taking the trip themselves.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 01:42:46 PM »
What wacky kind of email let's you put that avatar-type deal up there?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:26:19 PM »
It's Mac OS X's Mail application.

I have it, but I don't know what the address of AOL's mail server is, unfortunately, so I can't use it. I have to manually go on the browser and look at my mail from there, instead of using the spiffy mail application.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 1/22/2005 1:08:10 PM

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »
I climb walls like that too.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
As for E3, I would like to go, but it's not likely that I'll be able to... Even if I COULD go, there's no way I could afford the plane ticket, not to mention the other costs. (Unless anyone wants to provide one for me? *cough*wink*pout*)  But, I never know what'll happen so....*shrugs*

I do, however, plan on going in '06, but that's a far way off.

PS: I hope things get less hectic and stressful for you, Watoad. I know what that's like. :S  We're all glad to hear from you, though, however little it may be. (Well, at least I am.)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 04:25:14 PM »
I still have to wait 2 more years before I am even able to go....Stupid age limit.

I hardly ever see you on in iChat anymore, Watoad...Hope I can see you again on there soon...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »
I hope to be able to go this year.  The manager at my local GameStop wanted to hire me for the holiday season, but I flew home for a couple of weeks over the holidays and didn't have time.  Now that I may have jury duty I may not have the days to miss work anyway.  (I can't talk about any case I may be on, but will simply say that I live in Santa Maria, Ca.)  Maybe I can work at GameStop this summer and will be able to miss a few days of school/work.   Aside from going to E3 the thing I want most is a SDK for the Nintendo DS.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 07:51:12 PM »
I plan on going. I think LD plans on going. Right now we're not sure how many passes will be available from classicgaming.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 08:40:40 PM »
Well, I'm already registered to go, I just need a place to stay and a way to get there.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 10:33:27 PM »
As Watoad knows, I plan on going, provided I get a pass. I think my family has sort of decided to go on a vacation to LA while I'm at E3.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."

That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 11:32:26 PM »
"We're all glad to hear from you though, however little it may be."

Speak for yourself, how do you know everyone else is glad?  Actually, everyone does seem glad to hear from him...  Well, I look like an idiot. :p

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 11:09:49 AM »
All are glad.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 12:06:12 PM »

Vid, you could probably e-mail AOL's support and get that information.

Thank you, Sapph. :) Things seem to be looking up for the week ahead, as I'm scheduled for only half as many hours (15 instead of 30). If I can use that extra time to get caught up with schoolwork, then I might just manage to involve myself in a few e-mails or chats. I hope so.

This may sound crazy, but I'd actually be willing to spot you (at least some) money for the trip if I were capable of it. Chance are that I won't be able to, though, because the trip I'm planning to take to Japan this summer will cost upwards of $5000, which means that I must save every cent I can. However, this summer program I'm applying for is competitive, and I may not get in. If not, then I guess I'll have a bunch of extra money laying around . . .

One question, though: If you would be able to afford E3 in 2006, then why wouldn't you in '05? Just curious. ~_^

Luigison and especially Fifth, if you guys make it to the show, then I hope you'll not be afraid to group up with the rest of us from TMK. At least for me, it is the prospect of meeting others from this place that most entices me to go. If I can.

As I posted earlier, my transportation and lodging are taken care of—if I can make the reservations in time. And that's dependent on my knowing many more details than I do presently. Something that I thought would be a good idea would be for us to share a big room at some  m/hotel somewhere so that we could split and reduce the cost. And my parents even think that they might have enough points saved up to cover such a room, which would mean free lodging for everyone!

Well, hypothetically speaking, Sapphira and Chupperson would be exceptions. But that's fine for obvious reasons in Sapph's case and because I think that meeting Chup's bro and parents would seriously ROcK.

Question for I guess Deezer: If you guys can't get a pass for me from classicgaming, would I buy able to buy one?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 12:23:13 PM »
Oh, and thank you, too, E-Moon! *Deezer-smiles*

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 02:30:08 PM »
> Question for I guess Deezer: If you guys can't get a pass for me from classicgaming, would I buy able to buy one?

You probably could, but you still wouldn't be able to get in without proving that you are part of the game industry.

Print