Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74772 times)

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2005, 11:21:41 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the discovery that I made that when you change Feel the Magic's language to Japanese, the title screen girl doesn't have any clothes on?

Of course. The Wind Waker is great.

No, FF:CC and FSA aren't good ideas for e3. Unless no one has tickets and we just sit around in a hotel, we will not have time. Back me up here, MB.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2005, 11:33:32 PM »
Why do I keep looking at this thread?  I'm not really involved in the situation.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2005, 02:42:44 AM »
Neither am I, but it is fun to watch them plan their trip.

Just the other night I had a 3-4 hour long voice chat with Watoad, talking about TMK, E3, and other things, like how he became a FF forum member, how he became an moderator, how MegaByte is a pro when it comes to electronics, how to be even considered a mod here, driving, Packages, jobs, how my voice is so unique, etc.

It'd be great if I can do something similar to that with other users here.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2005, 09:47:19 AM »
>Has anyone else noticed the discovery that I made that when you change Feel the Magic's language to Japanese, the title screen girl doesn't have any clothes on?

Yes.  This matches the Japanese boxart.

>No, FF:CC and FSA aren't good ideas for e3. Unless no one has tickets and we just sit around in a hotel, we will not have time. Back me up here, MB.

FF:CC, certainly not.  FSA can be done in short sessions, but I think there's probably better stuff to do.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2005, 10:11:51 AM »
We talked for 3–4 hours?!! Oh, man . . . Can you see, Lizard Dude, or anyone, why chats scare me so much? Maybe my "solution" of talking through Chup (when I do even that) is very much a non-solution, but hopefully you can't blame me for trying to find some way to get a handle on the situation. I guess I should just make like the little brat that I'm being and take MEGAߥTE's suggestion, having an operator kick me out after I've been there for an hour or two. Would any of you have any reserves against doing that? *^^*

Sure, I'll agree with Liz and Mß. No matter which games we play there, they will probably be ones that I haven't played before, and they'll definitely be ones that I'll enjoy.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »
Who wouldn't be scared of talking to Vid for 3-4 hours? :P

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2005, 07:31:02 PM »
Oh, I'd be scared too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2005, 08:16:18 PM »
I would be scared if you talked to yourself for 3-4 hours.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2005, 10:52:34 PM »
Wait a minute . . . there's a version of SMB for the GBA! Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. (GBA) and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)? I mean, besides the fact—err, opinion that the latter has a cooler title and box art?

Why "e3"??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2005, 11:08:16 PM »
SMBDX has a smaller screen, so you can't see more than like a quarter of the screen you're on at any given time. Also, it has SMB2j, and a bunch of fun little extra modes.

NES Classics SMB is just a port of the NES SMB, and it keeps the game's state in memory, and so if you beat it, it's forever stuck on "hard" mode.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2005, 11:13:17 PM »
Thanks, Chup!

"Hard" mode?

Why "e3"??

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »
You can reset the memory, though.

Hard mode is where you beat the game but keep playing and all the Goombas turn to Buzzy Beetles and every enemy moves faster and perhaps some more spankers are added?

SMBDX is far, FAR, the superior version, unless you have no system that will play it. Then you'd have to go with Classic NES: SMB. :(

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2005, 12:13:22 AM »
Wow, it's fun to ask game questions here; you guys know everything! I used to know a bit about the specific few games that I used to play, but those days are mostly gone. Getting back into games seems like it could be a really fun thing if I can manage the chronologistics of it.

Thanks again! :)

Why "e3"??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2005, 06:54:00 AM »
"you guys know everything!"

Pbbbpttch! Ask them a question about an old Sonic game and I bet they crumble like a wet cookie. :P

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2005, 08:19:47 AM »
*is asked to tell anything about Sonic
*crumbles like a wet cookie

I would rank the SMB versions as follows:

SMB SMAS (I like the graphics better. Heh.)
SMB DX (Cool graphics and extras, but GBC size screen.)
SMB NES (The original.)
SMB GBA Classic (Screen is very slightly squished.)

I hope the (New) Super Mario Bros. DS includes a port of the SNES SMAS version of SMB.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print