Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74991 times)

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2005, 09:20:51 AM »
Yes, I hate the squished screens of the Classic NES Series. I also hate the price. Also, do not buy Classic NES: Metroid no matter what, because Metroid: Zero Mission has Metroid on it for free.

Chronologistics is a good word.

No way, TEM, I've beaten every main Sonic ever made, including the oh-so-wacky (and long!) Sonic 3D Blast. Exceptions include Sonic Spinball, because it's too dang hard, and the GBA Sonics, because I always wanted to get them in order but I could never find 1. I always see 2 and 3 sitting on store shelves, laughing at me.

Also, I beat Mega Man 1-6 in order this summer. Boy howdy, was that hard! (Especially with your A and B buttons switched. -_-)

(I got up early to do Japanese homework (due today) but gave up because I wanted to sleep a little more. Only 10% off per day late. ^_^)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2005, 10:19:38 AM »
Ah, I see that you have things under control, Lizard Dude. This last night I've been having chronologistical issues—I pulled an all-nighter (major -_-). And this is all because I took what was for me a somewhat difficult assignment and procrastinated way too long. I kept looking at the large whole and wouldn't mentally break it up into smaller, manageable chunks. This is a nasty problem for me. It's one of the reasons why I have such difficulties with time management and with things like replying to loads of e-mails.

And I recently discovered another reason why I can't keep my priorities straight, but I'll mention that some other time and in some other place (if at all).

Yeah, so, no Japanese class for me today (I'm too tired to go).

Okay, with the latest news from you two, it's official: I will not get the GBA version of SMB. I'll either wait for some sort of DS version or wait until I get to use my GCN again and then maybe get a GBPlayer.

I don't know what you guys think of it, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of online DS gaming. The reason is so that I can play with/against you guys! ;) Or, well, I went to the official DS site sometime during the sleepless night, and I think I'm remember what it said correctly. I can't be sure, though, because I think I'm starting to see spiders on the wall that aren't there.

Sleep is good. I'm gonna get some before I see ol' Jimmy tonight.

-_- zzzZZ

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2005, 04:04:16 PM »
You can play with us, silly (at least MadRhetoric/Black Mage/Deity/me/Chup of the future?). It's called StarCraft.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2005, 06:11:23 PM »
What was that thread where I pointed out that the day's active topics looked like a guy wearing a hat?

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2005, 07:15:23 PM »
I have no idea, but it was really cool and the screenshot is here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2005, 08:02:07 PM »
Chup of the hopefully near future.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2005, 03:04:52 AM »
What, you're getting a copy of StarCraft?

I'm getting a copy of Nintendo DS. Hopefully soon. Very soon. >:-)

*ponders bringing StarCraft CDs up to Seattle*

Challenge for MEGAߥTE: Figure out a way to save PictoChat logs. Knowing the group we have here, I find it impossible to imagine that we won't have some pretty hilarious PictoChats in LA, and they might be fun to look back on later (or even post on the forums for others to see?).

Why "e3"??

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2005, 03:07:28 AM »
That's a pretty hard challenge.

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 2/23/2005 1:07:49 AM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2005, 03:09:52 AM »
You reply too slowly.

Why "e3"??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2005, 08:51:14 AM »
The only method I know to save PictoChats is to take pictures.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2005, 11:17:29 PM »
>Challenge for MEGAߥTE: Figure out a way to save PictoChat logs. Knowing the group we have here, I find it impossible to imagine that we won't have some pretty hilarious PictoChats in LA, and they might be fun to look back on later (or even post on the forums for others to see?).

This could be done if somebody brought a  laptop with the proper wireless adapter to intercept the traffic (this would also imply enough battery life).  The Pictochat message format is quite simple.

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2005, 01:59:08 AM »
Laptop would be easy, but what type of adapter and what type of port does it plug into?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2005, 09:50:06 PM »
I'll be bringing my laptop, but I'm quite sure that it won't fit the bill. Lizard's offer will serve you much better. Thanks, guys.

Now I have answers about Internet and TVs:

• Internet is wireless in the lobby but wired by Ethernet in the rooms
  • Guests' game consoles and DVD players supposedly somehow mess up the hotel's TV system
  • Thus, if there are hookups on the back of the TVs (the receptionist didn't know), we aren't allowed to use them

So if we're gonna do more than handheld gaming in our room, then we're gonna need our own TV. *steals a glance at Luigison* The problem with this, though, is that I bet the hotel employees will stop us if they see us carrying in our own TV. I didn't think to ask if guests are allowed to bring in their own TVs, but I have this feeling that they aren't. I really don't know, though. Maybe I should call again later to find out?

Why "e3"??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2005, 11:17:38 PM »
I've brought my own screen for games into hotels before.
Also, I've used hotel TVs for games.

So,
"Guests' game consoles and DVD players supposedly somehow mess up the hotel's TV system" <-- that's bologna. :/

Anyway, I could bring my security monitor a.k.a game screen. It's small, but has a good clear picture. And it works great for multiplayer SSBM. :D

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2005, 03:48:27 AM »
All this talk of illegally using hotel TVs to game reminded of page 3 when I said this:

"You all have remound me of a legendary story of my life, involving a hotel TV, a tube of toothpaste, a fingernail clipper, a lighter, blood, a teacher, intrigue, suspense, horror, and treachery."

Print