Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74996 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2005, 06:06:34 PM »
> Whensday

I love it!

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #331 on: May 14, 2005, 07:07:26 PM »
I was just going through my list of things to bring to LA and was about to take the SNES w/ SMAS + SMW off, but remembered that someone (LD?) here had beat SMB with their feet.  It would be worth it just to see that "feet".

Has anyone played Donky Konga or Junblebeat with their feet?  How about using the MC Groove dance pad to play any games?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #332 on: May 14, 2005, 08:45:24 PM »
That was Insane Steve who beat Yoshi's Island with his feet so I think it's still safe to cross those off the list.

Donkey Konga wouldn't be too hard with feet.

Hotels tend not to like dance pads, especially with overpacked rooms...

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #333 on: May 14, 2005, 11:21:48 PM »
*is relieved to see that his caution about not drawing attention to ourselves is being taken seriously*

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #334 on: May 16, 2005, 09:15:05 AM »
I'm outta here.

Is L.A. ready for... LIZARD DUDE?

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #335 on: May 16, 2005, 10:37:26 AM »
You guys can come to the other California's La and go to my house!  And if you take that seriously, then you can't stay for longer than like ten minutes before my parents freak out.

For a second I thought Lizard said, "Is L.A. really for LIZARD DUDE?", as though that is what it stood for.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

Edited by - Markio on 5/16/2005 9:37:53 AM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #336 on: May 16, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »
Sweet! Now I can Lambaste Disdainfully the Lousy Dork, this Lame Dweeb that Lampoons Deezer and Licks Dukar. What a Little Dupe! I mean, this Loser Dumbfounds me! I say, when I meet our Ludicrous Doofus face to face, it will be my Last Day.

(Now the trick is to be careful about who uses my computer in LA . . . :S )

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #337 on: May 16, 2005, 04:24:15 PM »
I couldn't resist bringing my SNES in the car with me, since it has a video screen and stuff.

Bring SMAS and a boom box, Luigison. :P
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #338 on: May 16, 2005, 05:06:55 PM »
What?! How're you posting, dude? Waah!! *becomes concerned about the Limping Drunkard*

Luigison, if you bring a boom box, then make sure it has an audio input mini-jack. Uh, that is, if you have one with such a jack. If not, then don't worry about it. ;P

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #339 on: May 16, 2005, 06:11:57 PM »
UPDATE

I just got a phone call from Lizard, who is with his friend, MEGAߥTE, and Mß's friend, probably at the hotel. He was wondering what they should do to check in.

He didn't sound at all hostile or upset, so I think he hasn't had Internet access yet. When he finally does, though, I guess I'll just have to explain that I'm Lightly Dumb.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #340 on: May 16, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »
I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting these since half or more of the people have already left. Maybe I'm just excited about the whole thing.

UPDATE

Lizard called again. He and the others were able to check in just fine, and he was calling simply to let me know that it is unknown whether we'll get three or four of the nights free.

He also told me that there's room for like 10 people in the "huge" room we got (though I heard laughing from the background when he said that). So that's good. But he voiced concern about some circular plastic things around the electrical outlets, which means I'm not sure what.

That's it for now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #341 on: May 16, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »
Thank Dukar for the updates.  They make me feel all fuzzy inside.  That or the Thanksgiving sandwhich I just ate.

The $20 Target non-boombox I have does not have any inputs.

Edit: Here's a partial list of what I plan to bring.  Any of it not needed?  TV? GCN?

blank cds (for copies of game music if possible)?
blank dvd (for camcorder)
cd folie
cube? w/ GBA player, 4 controllers, bongos, and games
gbas, cables, and games
ds and games
SMAS + SMW
non-boom box
digital camera and camcorder with batts, and etc.
sleeping bag
pillow
TV?

Later Dukar.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/16/2005 6:15:16 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #342 on: May 16, 2005, 08:16:43 PM »
Checkout the FanCam at http://www.e3insider.com/ to see him talk to a virtual Mario.  I must have missed that last year.  I wish I were there now.

"The darkest hour is right before dawn."

Edited by - Luigison on 5/16/2005 7:18:09 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #343 on: May 17, 2005, 11:16:58 AM »
That's fine about no hookups on the non-boom box. You'll just have to use my Bose headphones to listen to the stuff on my iPod instead. Shucks. ;P

As for your list, a TV is definitely needed. The GCN should be covered by Lizard, though. You can call him if you want to verify that he brought his.  Or if we get to the room and find that they already have his Cube hooked up to the hotel TV, then your TV and second Cube could end up being very useful, allowing more than four people to play GCN games at once.

David called me last night, asking about who needs E3 tickets and stuff. He seemed to think that three people were still in need, but all I knew of were you and me. That's what I told him, and I gave him the cell numbers of those already in LA so he could confirm that with them. He said that he'll be getting into LAX around 10:00 or 10:30 tonight, and he may end up spending his first night with us at the hotel (meaning that he'll be able to drop off our tickets?).

If I don't post again for awhile, then it means that . . .

WATOAD ALREADY TOOK OFF AND DISAPPEARED!!!

« Reply #344 on: May 17, 2005, 12:26:25 PM »
I'll hear you guys there.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print