Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74999 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
How did I forget?

Quote:

MegaByte:  Was he the first to refer to the LA streets as randomly generated dungeons?  The whole trip now seems like some sort of disjointed dream.

Thanks to:

MegaByte: for allowing me to use a time machine to see Star Wars and then not taking the $ll it cost.

Sorry:

MegaByte: for not thanking him or even listing him in my previous post.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2005, 06:20:36 PM »
I was the first to call the streets randomly generated.

Thanks to:

Luigison: For DRIVING! w00t!
MegaByte: For TICKETS!
Chupperson: For PARENT'S DRIVING!
Watoad: For HOTEL ROOM!
David: For MORE PASSES!
Drew: For NAVIGATING!
Sapphira: For TALKING ON THE PHONE SO LONG!
Fifth: For FIRST WINNING THE PUYO POP FEVER TOURNAMENT!
Deezer: For HIRING ME!
Everybody Else: For MAKING THE SITE POPULAR!

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2005, 06:43:53 PM »
I forgot to thank Watoad (and LD) for the room.

I've uploaded the pictures I took, and made a few from the videos, but haven't been able to compress/edit the videos enough to fit them on my mere 25MB limit.  I converted some form VOB to AVI, edit/cropped them, and compress the file, but they are still too large.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #378 on: May 23, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »
What about me? You talked to me on the phone as well :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2005, 02:00:21 PM »
Perhaps Luigison needs some Kontek space...

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2005, 03:09:29 PM »
While it was more than worth it to spend time with the super-cool Chupperson, Chupperson's brother, David, Fifth, Frog, Lizard Dude, Luigison, MEGAߥTE, MEGAߥTE's friend, and a few random anti-booth-babe dudes, :P I still missed a week of school and must face the consequences. The consequence that applies here is that I will probably be even slower than normal to complete my post-E3 activities.

I have E3 stuff to send to five people (not all TMK people), one of whom is you, Vidgmchtr. When I'm ready, I'll e-mail you and whoever else I need to about this. Please bear with me, though, because I am overwhelmed like usual right now. My first priority is to write something about the convention for TMK before E3 2005 is really old news. After that needs to come stories about and pictures of our adventure for everyone at the forums to see, and then finally I'll get to mailing out stuff.

Vid, I'm sorry that we didn't call again. If I had told you that we would, then I forgot in the midst of the craziness of our trip. I didn't see your reminders because I hardly used my computer during the trip. >_<

Suffix, I would totally have made the trip out to Seattle Center to meet you if I could have. Unfortunately, though, I didn't get back to Seattle until about 9:00 p.m. last night. The craziness of the trip kinda spilled over into the weekend. I'm still tired. ;P

To those who thanked me I say that you're most welcome, and I give a general nod of great appreciation to everyone else on the trip. E3 was fun, but you guys are the reason that the trip worked and was worth taking.

In the meantime, here are uncompressed WAVs of some WTMK promos that we (mainly Chup, David, and Lizard) recorded with vigor and full volume at about 3:00 a.m. on Tuesday night:

Introduction (0:21; 3.3 MB)

SMB Theme (0:36; 5.9 MB)

SMB2 Theme (0:53; 8.7 MB)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2005, 05:05:36 PM »
Hey, Watoad, that's all right. E3 was big, and exhausting. I waited around at the Center, just in case, but I figured you hadn't come back yet. I drank an Orange Julius while a bunch of weird people were wobbling about at the "National Rhythem Festival." I think that's what it was called.

Now, here's a neat little photo thing. If it's not working, it's becuase Geocities has run out of dukar bandwidth...

I had hot chocolate. 310 calories, I think.

AHH! It's that scary Super Elephant Car Wash! I think I remember that place from previous visits. This picture was taken from right outside the Shell/Starbucks. At least, I think the gas station was Shell.

I liked my shoes so much, I thought they were worthy of a picture.

Ah, Seattle. I never get tired of seeing that needle thingy.

I turned a bit so you could see more stuff.

Hey! It's the nutty EMP building! (Experience Music Project) It also houses a science fiction museum. Right down your alley, Chupperson. I didn't get to see it.

I didn't like the EMP. It was dark, and didn't have anything I was interested in. The only mention on classical music was a n electric piano. There was a neat "sculpture," which you'll get to see in a short, soundless MOV soon.

I was really bored, so I made a stupid pile of words on a "lyric board." It was dumb.

Well, look at this unique piece of grafitti! Not your average mess of arrows, eh?

It was really windy, and cold. It messed up my hair.

Sorry-- I didn't get a picture of the wobbling weirdos. Here's some short, soundless MOV's.

Here's a link to my homepage. You can pick up the two MOV's in "Nothing," for a limited time. Their descriptions are also there.

Edited by - Suffix on 5/23/2005 5:08:55 PM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
Those promos are great. David kept cracking up, which makes me crack up when listening. :D

« Reply #383 on: May 23, 2005, 09:43:38 PM »
Vid, I'm sorry that we didn't call again. If I had told you that we would, then I forgot in the midst of the craziness of our trip. I didn't see your reminders because I hardly used my computer during the trip.

Oh, I'm fine. You guys did call, and it was fun. Though I only talked to you and LD, it was still pretty cool, and funny that LD asked my father "Is Vidgmchtr there?".

Though, the fact that you guys had called Sapphira for a much longer amount of time and had her on speaker phone so she could talk to EVERYONE annoyed me a teensy bit.

I have E3 stuff to send to five people (not all TMK people), one of whom is you, Vidgmchtr.
I look forward to that.

When I'm ready, I'll e-mail you and whoever else I need to about this.
I look forward to that as well. I had recently changed my email address so it'd be compatible with that Mail application (thank you Gmail), so, that problem I had 25 pages ago has been solved. Hopefully we can chat with each other more through email.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #384 on: May 23, 2005, 09:56:39 PM »
Heraing about what other people are going to do as though I don't know them personally is more uncomfortable than if I really didn't know them personally.

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #385 on: May 23, 2005, 11:10:20 PM »
Yeah, I understand how you feel, Vid. That happened mostly because of the following, but I really shoulda done better. Well, we learn more from our mistakes than from our successes, so I'm sure that I will do better next time if there is a next time (which is totally uncertain this early, if not unlikely).

• We have all heard your voice before, and many of us have even spoken with you. In Sapphira's case, though, neither of these was true for anyone except Lizard Dude, so we were all eager to hear what she sounds like and to know what it's like to talk to her.
  • It would have been impossible to call you from the show floor because it was so incredibly noisy, but unfortunately the pizza place didn't end up being a whole lot better. We got kicked out by the owner because he wanted to close up, and as a result I had to hang up so I could slam a couple more pieces of pizza into my starving stomach before hurdling out the door. If that hadn't happened, then we would have been on the phone for longer.
  • Finally, Sapph's relationship with the guys is different than anyone else's. Part of it has to do with her being a girl, I'm sure, but it is also largely because of her personality. Unlike you, she was constantly weirded out by stuff that they were saying, or so I surmised from her repeated "Yeeeeaaaaahh"s, "Rriiiiggggghhhhht"s, and "Okay, you guys are totally weirding me out"s (I'm not positive about the last one). There's just something between her and them that neither I nor anyone else can claim.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - WaToaD on 5/23/2005 10:13:26 PM

« Reply #386 on: May 23, 2005, 11:27:18 PM »
Well, I have 3-Way calling. I bet if you called me, I could have used that feature to call Sapphira so all of us could've talked...

Wait.....Wouldn't that show up on my phone bill?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2005, 12:06:09 AM »
I really have no idea how that works.

Whoops, I forgot to comment on your pix, Suffix! Well, I don't actually have that much to say since I live in the same city in which those were taken, but here are a couple of things: That graffiti is really neat (haven't seen it before), and I like the way your hair looks in the last picture. It seems more natural-looking than all the straight lines a comb produces.

« Reply #388 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:12 PM »
I still can't see Suffix's pictures for some reason.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #389 on: May 24, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »
Yeah, that's because of Geocities. I'm currently looking into some sort of online storage I should have from Adelphia...

Watoad, my hair in that picture was an accident. It was extremely windy on that particular day, and began to rain about 45 minutes after that picture was taken. As for that grafitti, it was on the street across from where that picture was taken. I can imagine your familiarity with your own city, but isn't it interesting that I was in there?

Anyway, anyway. Did you get to see the MOV's?

Edited by - Suffix on 5/24/2005 7:10:46 PM

Print