Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 74699 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2005, 01:17:56 AM »
"Deezer the Almighty" is fine.

Or Dan.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2005, 07:08:48 AM »
Well, I meant "met in person," of course. I myself have never met in person someone whom I first knew only online, so I felt it wise to be precautionary. But I did say that I trust all of you, didn't I? Heck, the only one I didn't say that I trust is myself.

Is it "e3" or "E3"? I used to think that the "e" was lowercase when people here typed it that way, but I never saw it represented like that anywhere else. Even on e/E3's web site it appears as "E³."

Worried about being confused with Chup? Heheh.

I'll call you whatever you want, Deezer, until the bread comes out. Then it's "dezzer" from that time on. :D

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »
"Sapphira, thank you also for being willing to stay with a bunch of strange males you've never met before. However, I want to be sure you understand that the reasons guys and girls generally stay in different rooms extend beyond their annoying each other with snoring or the use of the TV. Everyone planning on going seems to be okay and respectable, and I doubt that there'd be a problem, but I just want you to be aware. In a way I feel silly saying this because I personally trust all of these guys. Just trying to be safer than sorry, I guess. ;)"

Yes, of course, I am aware of and understand completely, which is why I prefer not, but can deal. Even though I have never met any of you in person, I do trust all of you; from the almost-two years I've known you all, you all seem to be upstanding, respectable guys (albeit rather weird XD). Besides, I don't think anyone would want to mess with me; I can be quite evil when need be. >:D

"At e3, how do we refer to each other?"
~Heh, this WILL be rather strange, huh, since we're all so used to calling everyone by their screen names.
"The Princess" is fine for me. :P
...Or Julia. Seriously, though, first names are fine for me. But call me "Sapphy," and you die. >:P

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 01:33:19 PM »
Uhhh....

I could refer to you guys' real names if you want, I know them all...Even though Lizard Dude is only going to call me, and I will never actually be there...

Yeah, this sounds completely stupid.

"I'll call you whatever you want, Deezer, until the bread comes out. Then it's "dezzer" from that time on."

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 1/31/2005 11:35:55 AM

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 09:14:14 PM »
"You can call me Al."  I won't answer, but you can call all you want.  Actually I am not to particular about what you call me, but please don't precede it by "Mister".

My real name is...  wait for it... Rumpelstiltskin.

Seriously, my first name sounds like "menace", and my last name comes from the German for "Small House", "S.haus", but is mispelled in English.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »
Sapph: I'd probably call you "Sapph". Or what about Sapphy-wapphykins?

As for the rest of you: Deez, LD, MEGAߏ¥ÂÂTE, and probably your real names. If Luigison manages to get there I'll call him Luigison.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »
Woah, I typed some Japanese without knowing it.

And some of you will call me Chupperson, or Chup, and some of you (you know who you are) can call me my real name.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2005, 10:27:31 PM »

I called the Courtyard a few minutes ago, and they said that they do indeed offer the luggage-storing service I mentioned. So it seems that we wouldn't absolutely have to add another night onto our stay. However, I still plan to ask my dad to run the scenario of a larger room, one of an extra night, and one with both through Marriott's rewards web site to see what they would end up costing us.

I probably should have posted these earlier: pictures of where we'll be staying! Take a gander:

Nice image there, Vidgmikter! I really like the slogan. :D Speaking of bread, it features quite prominently in today's Strong Bad e-mail. Has Deezer recently acquired connections with the Brothers Chaps?

At work today I requested off the whole week in May that contains E3. Whatever time I have off that I don't spend on the trip I'm sure I'll be able to use trying to catch up with the schoolwork that I'll be missing.

Also, I decided what to call Lizard Dude when I see him: Blue Pony! A customer whom I was helping today was shipping a package to Montana and seemed to know the state pretty well, so I mentioned a friend of mine who lives in Havre but is going to school in Bozeman. He said that Havre is the home of the Blue Ponies, which Lizard hadn't mentioned before.

Then I was surprised: The next customer I helped was shipping something to Oklahoma. In my eight months of (The) UPS Store experience, I have shipped only a few packages to Chup's state, but never immediately after sending one off to Lizard's. Following that excitement I helped customers sending some stuff via U.S. Mail.

My next UPS customer shipped a box to Hong Kong, which I haven't quite figured out yet. After him, however, came a shipment to California, Luigison's state, and then one within Washington, where I live. Like a message break before the grand finale, someone pulled a UPS Ground to Oregon, which also doesn't seem to fit. But then came the customer who capped it all off: He had two packages to ship, one going to Virginia, or MEGAߥTE Land, and the other to Illinois, home of bread and Deezer. There seemed to be prophetic powers at work at work today.

Except for Sapphira. Have you ever lived in Oregon or Hong Kong, by any chance, Sapph? Sorry to leave you out. :( Shipments to North Carolina are rarer than to all the other states mentioned above, and maybe even more so than to Hong Kong.

Oh, and yesterday a customer shipped a car part to someone named "Olay Dang." The box was addressed for Washington State. Woohoo for me. I kinda hope this person has an Internet handle of Popple because if not, then I must be living in The Everfreak State. Actually, Popple's not a freak—he just weirds me out in a weird sort of way.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2005, 10:30:54 PM »
I thought this was a joke at first sight of the the topic but......You're really pulling this off? All you TMK nuts are flying in from different parts of the US to meet each other, stay in a hotel then go to E3?

How'd you still living with your parents convince them to let you do this? It sure as hell wouldn't fly with mine: "Hey Mom, a message board I go to is grouping together to go to a gaming convention. I could take a plane by myself to God-knows-where, and stay at a hotel with a bunch of strangers from the internet! Can I go?"
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »
Maybe because ... we know each other more than most of the rest of the forums? I dunno.
Side note: My family is coming to California with me.

As for the awesome shipping coincidences: Sapph once lived in California, Watoad.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/31/2005 8:51:05 PM
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2005, 10:59:56 PM »
I don't think that prophetic powers would communicate to us through UPS customers, but that's really interesting.  If Sapph once lived in Cali, maybe she's the one that should go.  She's actually a TMK staffer so I wouldn't/couldn't complain if she went instead of me.  Maybe I should take a trip to Hong Kong via Oregon.

Depending on how many people go I could pay for an extra night or a bigger room if we need it.  (My offer of another room still stands.)  If I remember correctly, the standard 2 queens bed rooms hold 5 people and the larger 2 queen bed rooms hold 6.  There is also a discount for more days, but I don't know if that would count since you would be using points.  I wonder if they have a large room that joins a smaller room.  If so that may be a good solution to give Sapph some privacy.

I agree with Chupp.  I have posted on many forums, but this is the only place that I really got to know anyone.  Having a small number of consistant members helps to install a community atmosphere.

Side note:  I live in California and will stay here (I'm only a few hundred miles from L.A.).  My parents live in Mississippi and will stay there.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/31/2005 9:06:14 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2005, 01:51:56 PM »
No New York packages? Aww....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2005, 05:12:53 PM »
That is truly freaky, Watoad. O_o  You do remember I used to live in Cali, right, as Luigison said? You know, same city as where you were born?  Fifth also lives in Cali. ;P

And... we may have a bit of a problem. My mom's having a hard enough time letting me go on this trip, but now if I might be sharing a room with you guys--especially since I'm the only girl and she's never met any of you--she is REALLY freaking out. (It's completely understandable; I'm uncomfortable with the idea, and I actually know and trust you guys.) Honestly, I really would like to have my own room, but I don't have that kind of money, and I don't want you guys to have to go out of your way for me, either. So... :/

I remember when we stayed at Myrtle Beach two summers ago, our hotel room had another room within it--and I had that room to myself. But then again, we also had a small kitchen and 2 bathrooms... So...dunno how likely that would be for this. Sounds expensive. -_-'

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2005, 07:58:02 PM »
Is it just me or are people paranoid these days? If you can't even stay in a hotel with friends you've known for over three years than who can you stay with?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2005, 08:38:09 PM »
Depends. If you've never actually MET them in person, I can see why parents would get freaked(OMG THERE'S A SEXUAL PREDATOR AMONG US!!!!). They're parents. If they'd been on this board like you had they might trust you more with these guys, Sapph. Overcaring, that's all.

I hope never to add to this problem by never having any kids myself. That's been my plan for quite a while, and this is just another reason to back it up. :P

Edited by - CashCrazed on 2/1/2005 6:38:37 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print