Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 75040 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »
X'D

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2005, 07:17:36 PM »
Bummer. :/

Heheh. The closest thing we have to a giant metallic mushroom is this weird metallic sculpture thing next to William H. Gates Hall. It doesn't look like a mushroom, but it doesn't look like anything else, either . . . so that makes it the closest thing you'll find? Well, anyway, I don't have a picture of that on my computer, so maybe I can take my camera with me someday and shoot it for you. I certainly can't describe it.

Will you be bringing your NDS, Mß?

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2005, 07:21:14 PM »
I thought the same thing as MEGAߥTE, and didn't post it for fear of sounding stupid, but ... that's a big flag pole.  Biggest I have ever seen, but I'm no expert on flag poles.  I am a novice at images and must say, NICE.  Good use of perspective, but I would have used the thirds rule.

I wonder if these are Minish people:

I can't wait for E3.  Watoad, will you hurry up and build me a time machine?

Edited by - Luigison on 2/16/2005 5:29:57 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2005, 07:31:37 PM »
Thanks!

What's the "thirds rule"?

You're cool, Luigison.

Yeah, okay. *gets to work*

If you go, will you be bringing your NDS, Luigison?

Edited by - WAtoad on 2/16/2005 6:14:08 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »
Luigison, is that the Rainforest Cafe in San Francisco?  Sadly, I've only been to the Rainforest Cafe in Florida and New Jersey.  Wait a minute, that's good!  Er, well, is it?

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2005, 08:37:16 PM »
I think it's safe to say that anyone who has a DS and goes to e3 will be bringing it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
Most people center photographs.  This draws the eye to the center of the picture and usually leaves nothing to make you want to look around the picture.

I said, "thirds rule", but it's actually the "Rule of Thirds".  Imagine your image is divided into thirds vertically and horizontally so that it looks like a
tic-tac-toe board.  Now you can imagine four crosshairs instead of one.  Put your image on one of those crosshairs or at least along one of the tic-tac-toe lines to make the picture more interesting or create a sense of motion.

Here's some images I found using Google:

src="http://www.offbeatrips.com/NEW/jet_climb_composi

tion.jpg">

src="http://www.photojournalonline.com/classes/rot3.j

pg">

src="http://www.photojournalonline.com/classes/open1.

JPG">

Here's an image I just made:

Edit: I left out a quotation mark.

Edited by - Luigison on 2/16/2005 6:45:10 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2005, 11:36:06 PM »
If you ask me, Markio, that is not a good thing. The Rainforest Cafe is like stepping in gum—the best you can do is just don't go there. I went to one many months ago and paid $11 for a fish sandwich that couldn't even begin to compare to a Filet-O-Fish from McDonald's, which is about as good as the 99¢ or whatever it costs to buy one. Big-O-Ripoff.

Is it? Okay. Well. In an e-mail Chup said that I should definitely get a DS, but all the enthusiasm I'm seeing here is, "Huh? Did you ask a question? No, in fact, I don't think that you did ask a question," or, "Well, yes, Watoad, we'll bring our toothbrushes. Oh, our DSes? Uh, yes, those'll probably make the trip, too." So I dunno. It might be better for me to just put my money toward excess hotel costs, food for everybody, or whatever else it can afford.

Maybe I should make this my new sig:

Why "e3"??

Thanks for the explanation and examples, Luigison. I get it now. When I take pictures I just do the best I can to get good lighting, and then I try either to fit as much into the frame as I can or just to orient it in a way that feels fun or interesting to me as I'm taking the shot.

Nice flagpole graphic. :)

Maybe later I'll show you guys some of my pictures of mushrooms (that I took for my failed TMK @ E3 movie).

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2005, 01:29:49 PM »
No, I've been here a lot lately....then again, I usually am. I just wasn't on yesterday because my mom thought I could use a break from it for this time a specific reason which I agreed with. (I could explain later, but, well, not in here.)

I probably won't have a DS by then, so... ;___;  But I'd rather wait 'til the price goes down, anyway. There are still several GCN and GBA games I need to catch up on. I definintely intend to bring my GBA, though. (I bring it on all trips, anyway XD).

Also, I'd be happy to bring some of my games from any system people are planning on bringing. I just can't/won't bring the system(s) themselves (excluding handhelds).

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2005, 01:54:44 PM »
Yay, Sapphira is here!! It's good to see you again. Since I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while (I don't open every topic, mind you), I thought that maybe you hadn't seen the latest news about the hotel and were just really bummed by the old, sorry-but-you're-excluded news.

I could bring either my GCN or my N64. The GCN would probably be easier for me to pack and get on the plane, but I might not want to try taking all four of my controllers, too. I wonder how much electronics I'll end up trying to take? :S

One reason I liked the sound of a DS myself is that I could actually "play" it here at school whereas a standard console doesn't work—I have no TV. Practicing SSBM seems like it should be a must, but unless I can feed live video into my laptop through one of its select few, non-video-in ports, I can't really see that happening. Oh well. At least this way I'll have some kind of an excuse for losing every single fight. :D

Oh, and Sapph, this Friday is my younger brother's birthday, but I might get chance to AIM my computer somewhere if some free time comes up. ;) Or if a lot of it does, then I might let it AIM at will, if that makes sense to anyone at all.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »
You're looking at the 100th post in my first public topic to get 100 posts! 1w00t 1w00t!!

(And I'd estimate that only 40–50% of those are mine!)

Edited by - Watoad on 2/17/2005 12:12:21 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2005, 04:04:04 PM »

I beat the $145 figure I mentioned earlier by 20 bucks! Yep, that's right: A brand new, 125-dollar Nintendo DS is a-comin' my way! And I even got free shipping! (I did get a pretty good deal, didn't I?)

In case there's anyone else out there who would like to get the same deal I did, the seller has two left. The seller's feedback is 100% positive, so I'm thinking that he's probably okay. But what I love about him is the fact that, in a time when most sellers make half of their profit on shipping overcharges, this guy isn't charging anything at all. That's class.

I still haven't solved the issue of a game, though. Recommendations? Please? :D

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2005, 05:11:32 PM »
HOW LIZARD DUDE (WHO PROBABLY HAS THE MOST DS EXPERIENCE OF ANYONE HERE) SEES THINGS

THE BEST GAME FOR THE SYSTEM: WarioWare: Touched!

THE SECOND BEST GAME FOR THE SYSTEM: Feel the Magic XY/XX

THE THIRD BEST GAME FOR THE SYSTEM: Super Mario 64 DS

THE "MOST" FOR YOUR MONEY: Super Mario 64 DS

THE BEST MULTIPLAYER: Metroid Prime: Hunters [First Hunt]/PictoChat (tie)

NOT A BAD GAME EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE WHO HASN'T ACTUALLY PLAYED IT SEEMS TO THINK OTHERWISE: Sprung

WASTE OF MONEY UNLESS EVERYONE GETS THE GAME: Ping Pals

THING TO REMEMBER: Does not support multiplayer GBA

HOW GBA GAMES LOOK ON THE BACKLIT SCREEN: Stunning

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2005, 08:24:43 PM »
Wahoa, THANK YOU, LIZARD DUDE!! That is better than EXACTLY THE INFORMATION I NEEDED!! You even told me about its GBA support, and I was indeed hoping to use it at some point to perhaps play a GBA game or many. THANK YOU.

I was so stoked to find all this helpful info that I went ahead and got a copy of WarioWare: Touched! What I got wasn't as good a deal as the DS, but I didn't want to mess with bidding wars, and my 1302 eBay Anything Points brought the price down to $20.98.

Now I've just gotta find somebody else around here who has one of these things so I can try out PictoChat. Maybe I could find somebody in a nearby house just by sending out wireless signals? Maybe not, but I'm sure I'll get a chance sometime . . .

A question: I heard that you have to enter your name into your DS, so I'm curious which of your names you used—given, online, or other? (This is open to anybody who wants to answer.)

Why "e3"??

Edited by - Watoad on 2/17/2005 6:27:17 PM

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »
You are a smart, smart man to buy that. Also highly recommended (and probably cheap nowadays?) is the original GBA WarioWare that started the Best game series to come out in not-so-modern history. If you ever get a chance to play multiplayer, the GCN WarioWare, while having the same microgames as the GBA version, is the most fun multiplayer game on the Cube that doesn't have the words Smash, Four, Chronicles, or use a LAN cable.

I used Lizard.

Print