Print

Author Topic: Memories  (Read 9741 times)

« on: February 13, 2005, 01:24:28 AM »
What memories do you have of the Fungi Forums? Is there anyone that you miss? Anything like that; and some of my memories are below:

- When I first joined, I was sort of like Jon. I was a bit stupid, and I think I needed to be a lot more mature.
- I also remember my first post; it was a thread called 'Why does Australia get games last'. Yoshi the Great started that one up.

There are many others I can't think of, but they'll come to me.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic, are banned members counted on the counter on one of the main pages?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 02:54:17 PM »
I have some. :) I'll post later when I remember them.

Yes, I have common sense. I''m just stupid.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »
Just remembering Jon, was Jon Hater ever banned? Jon Hater is Sadib, and we don't want him back again, do we?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''

Edited by - Luigi Simpson on 2/28/2005 9:56:56 PM
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 07:14:41 AM »
I remember the time when Watoad first showed a video "meet watoad", It was kinda cool.. Anyhoo, it was kind of neat when i first joined,too. I was first an idiot,just like Jon, but now i'm changed. I like people here, they're always so nice, and always there when help is needed.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 02:24:19 PM »
I believe that my first post was in "Yoshi's Cookie Safari".
I miss a lot of cool topics. My favorites were just a bit before my time (Mr. Face, A Mario Adventure).
I also remember (but can't say I miss) the long, drawn out marioguy/Jon/Linkguy/whatever thing.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »
The boards today seem nothing like they did a year ago.

Why all the jon bashing?
Deezer was here.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:56:16 PM »
I remember Meowrik,and Meowrio. I wonder where they went. And Mariobro64 too,i never knew any tidbits of him,but i've heard that he sucks.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
I have sweet memories when I joined. I acted crazy at times, but learning from my mistakes. I love the Fungi Forums. You guys are really cool. I was looking forward to join the Fungi Forums and it was better than I expected it to be. Keep up the good work.

Edited by - Tingrio on 3/10/2005 4:07:58 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »
Wow, in only one year, I miss so many people. There are a lot of different things going on here.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 10:00:49 PM »
I remember finding TMK and joining it as my first ever internet experience. Really, that's what I ended up doing my first or second time once we got the internet. So I signed up here as a stupid 13 year old kid, started up a massive arugment over board exploits(a.k.a. the Code Wars) at about the halfway point, and here I am after three years, less idiotic for sure, but I hope I'm not still too much of a [jerky moron](except to absolute stupid people, they deserve it).

If I had a dollar for every brain you don`t have, I`d have one dollar.

Edited by - Sapphira on 3/12/2005 8:57:19 AM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 10:19:22 PM »
> (except to absolute stupid people, they deserve it)

No, they don't, and that's where your problem lies. You're rude unnecessarily. I don't usually say anything because I don't think it'll do any good, but here I see that at least you recognize you're not being as nice as you could be.

To be perfectly honest, I would like to ban you just because you swear so much. However, you've been here for such a long time that I'd probably need the support of other mods and admins—which I don't currently have—before doing that.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - Watoad on 3/10/2005 8:24:11 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
"I would like to ban you just because you swear so much"

Please do point out where I swear "so much". I've seen you jump on me for the word "hell" exactly twice, and that's it; that's just where bad people go when they die. I haven't even dropped the F-bomb at all. And if you consider some of my other subtleties to be "swearing", well, you need to get out of your little shelter.

Statistics are like a bikini: What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »
I don't usually say anything because I don't think it'll do any good . . .

In any case, I don't feel right acting on this if I'm the only one who thinks that something needs to be done, and right now that's how things stand. There is no use justifying my case. Have fun with the forums, for at this time they're yours to do with as you please.

EDIT: I need to calm down. I keep forgetting to check the HTML box.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Edited by - Watoad on 3/10/2005 8:42:58 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 10:53:01 PM »
I remember the strange origin of BORED, how it changed from insulting nonsense, to funny nonsense. I also remember how Chupperson reintroduced the concept for the new ages! It made good reading, even before I actually posted. Speaking of which, Ask A Stupid Quesestion made good reading, too. Somehow, I felt it necessary to absorb enough information before storming in. Good thing I didn't make myself an introductory thread.

My first post... Hmm... Where was that? I think it was in Lizard Dude's "I Pose A Question," concerning the last new person to become a regular. When I introduced myself in that particular thread, I was way too formal. But better formal than needing someone to use Luigison's translator, eh?

Enough rambling, already. But good rambling, at that.

"What? A half-gallon already?"

Edited by - Suffix on 3/10/2005 8:56:12 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 11:30:55 PM »
Cash, I've had a talk with Chup, and he thinks you're fine. So you can forget about my petty whining and warning. They mean nothing.

Print