Print

Author Topic: cussing on the forums?  (Read 6289 times)

l.l

« on: March 18, 2005, 01:23:44 PM »
i believe that we can cuss on the forums because that every1 shouldbe older than 13 to register and for as log as i know, people over and under 13 cuss...A lot. so y not make it so wecan cuss?

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 01:37:23 PM »
....You are going to die, dude.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 01:41:07 PM »
No. But since we all should be over 13, that means we should have moderately coherent grammar and spelling. Interesting observation I've noticed from you.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »
To quote a previous post of mine:

"Cussing, censored or not, and advertising will get you nowhere on these boards.  There are four BASIC rules that you should probably look to follow here.  Any breach of these "ground rules" can and WILL get you banned.

1. No swearing, because it really does ruin the forum experience when you have to deal with people with a vocabulary
that is so limited that they have to substitute every other word with a cuss word.

2. No flame wars, because although you might hate someone's guts, that doesn't mean that eveyone does, and complaining and flaming will only get you more enemies.

3. No talking in all capital letters, because when people read posts, chances are, the type size and font will make no difference to them.

4. No advertising websites, because it's bad enough to walk around town and find ads posted in every corner of town, and even worse to find out that more and more of the internet is being littered with them.

In closing, to quote TMK: 'Violators can and will be banned from the message board. Thanks for your cooperation!'"
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:53:32 PM »
Sheesh, who in their right mind would ask a question like this? Or with a mind.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 07:56:25 PM »
Does it really make you seem mature if you cuss?

"I''m from Canada, and they think I''m slow, eh?"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:14:20 PM »
Not if you do it in every sentence. That makes you look like a 13-year old. But I don't think there's anything wrong with using them on occasion for great emphasis. Go ahead, find me a word that expresses more emphasis and provokes more of a reaction than the F-bomb. There's simply no substitute.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 10:58:22 PM »
People over 13 may not be able to register, but they still read posts. Take my brother for example. Just imagine the conversation-

Little Timmy: Hey, Mom, I learnt a new word today!
Mom: Oh, what is it?
Little Timmy: !$?&
Mom: (faints)

Epitaph No.1: I told you I was sick!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 11:00:53 PM »
CashCrazed, you may get a response, but it is not a good one. Shame, shame on you.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 06:57:57 PM »
There's plenty of other sites about games you can go run around swearing at.

Doesn't mean this one has to let you.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 08:57:48 PM »
Guys, I know this guy in real life. Just ignore him if he cusses since his vocabulary can switch from intelligent to prepubescent-11-year-old-wannabe. Plus, retards think cussing makes you more mature and you can't argue with them, they never back down even when you've got them cornered.

RedSavageWarrior: So now I have the Evil Plastic Talking Masturbating Plant of Doom
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 10:18:04 PM »
".that they have to substitute every other word with a cuss word."

For I.I, I guess, "We ******* don't ******* like ******* you."

This is so funny... these n00b threads make me laugh every day.

Speakin of n00bs, there has been QUITE an inflation of them around these parts, hm?

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 01:30:53 AM »
^Yes there has. It's getting to the point where they must be flamed upon arrival just to deliver a message.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 11:42:43 AM »
Please don't cuss. The rule is that you have top be 13 to post replies in the FFs. But that doesn't mean you need to be 13 to read them. Let's all use replacements instead! What the fruit is going on? Holy fried eggs! I'm losing my mind!

A bird can fly… But a fly can’t bird!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »
See also: "WTD, or What the dukar."

This thread's been dead for a while, thankfully...

Print