Print

Author Topic: GameSpy ad wrongness...  (Read 3041 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 23, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
Thought I should say that when in the FFs, there's an ad that appears when the FFs tell you your message has been posted, and some other times too. It has the B****** word on the 3rd thing the ad says. I don't mean to complain, but one of the FF rules is no swearing, so I thought it should be removed...

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>

Edited by - Bird Person on 4/23/2005 8:03:28 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 09:18:35 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's obnoxious. It might have to be there, though, since this site is, I think, hosted by GameSpy. (I really don't know much at all about things like this, so I hope people won't get all over me if I'm completely off-track.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 09:36:10 PM »
You can always block tha ads with a program like Norton Internet Security or a Firefox Extension.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 09:47:07 PM »
I remember MegaByte showing us how to disable that ad, along with those annoying full page ads that sometimes appeared on every single page.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 11:58:12 PM »
You, of all people, Vid, don't need to worry about ads; you can get the best browser in the world that has ad blocking included among its plethora of features!

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »
Jeez!  Why are you people so freaked out about swearing.  It's something you hear everyday, they're just words that some guy made up one day.  Don't get so offended, you'll never be able to go somewhere without hearing them.

Print