Print

Author Topic: More Cameos NOT Included  (Read 38100 times)

« on: January 09, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
I am suprised that many games that include a Mario reference is missing. I am currently seeing missing info from:
Pikmin 2.

Also, in Pikmin 1, you state that Olimars partners name is Luji. It is, in fact, Louie, or Looie.

Okay, in Pikmin 2, there are a couple of missing info, like the Item Flame Of Tommorow, which includes Bowser on the front of matchstick packet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 04:09:41 PM by dude677 »
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:17:29 PM »
I told Deezer these same exact things about a year or so ago.

He'll put it up....eventually.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 01:46:09 AM »
These will theoretically be fixed as we finish databasing the game info.

If you know a game that has Mario cameos/references but you don't see the game in the system lists, please let me know.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »
In Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, when you hit a ball into a flower patch, little pikmin fly out!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
Let me rephrase. >_<

If you don't see a game listed on the site that has Mario cameos/references, please let me know.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
I'm tellin' ya, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World.
While the boss didn't end up named "Mari-Oh" in the final version, he still shoots Mario-style fireballs and shrinks when damaged.
Go Moon!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
Oh yeah!!!!! Thanks. I've forgotten that more times than I can remember.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »
I have heard about that Mario-Oh boss around in this Forum, actually.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:27:07 PM »
Animal Crossing: Wild World isn't on the  list. You can wear a Mario Hat and a Mario Nose with Moustache!
There's also a Luigi's hat, but I don't know if there's a Lugi's nose
Plus, Mario himself does appear in Nintendogs, you can drive a Mario Kart around and your dogs chase it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 05:30:13 PM by Phred »
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:52:13 PM »
Good call. Added that and Tetris DS.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
Any one here see the movie Son of the Mask? Because around 7 minutes in, the guy is playing Mario Kart Super Circuit!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
Kirby Canvas Curse has a couple of enemies that are Mario-like. Thudds are very much like Thwomps; they hang in midair, and crash down when Kirby gets colse. Another note, there are 3 sizes of Thudd--there are 2 sizes of Thwomps, too. Also, there are firebars in the volcano levels.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »
Yeah, there is a game that has Mario References. Dragon Quest VIII.

To be exact, The Monster Arena. The guy who runs it is named "Morrie", And he's a Red and Green clad...erm..."Pimp"...who has a moustache speaks with an italian accent. Kinda like our favorate plumber, except Mario's a tad overweight and can't revive dead monsters.

However, this may be a coincidence (A giant coincidence, I might add), if not for the fact that his name and four bunny girls have more two add, which are related to each other.

If you speak to the bartender that's in front of the Monster Arena gates, He makes a refference to the four bunny girls (Marrie, Merrie, Mirrie and Murrie, If I remember correctly), and says somthing about the "Super Morrie-o Sisters". If you don't catch at least one reference at this point I will hit you with a mallet. Morrie-o Sounds like Mario. Super Morrie-o Sisters can be linked to Super Mario Brothers. Should be pretty obvious at this point.

Anyways, that's all I have to contribute at this point.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 12:33:40 PM »
Dragon Quest VIII? Never expected something like that...

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
In Animal Crossing, you can find a Mario or Luigi hat; not just a shirt.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print