Print

Author Topic: More Cameos NOT Included  (Read 37583 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
the mario tune when you fight master belch
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
I know I'm bumping this, but in "The Fairly Oddparents!" episode where Timmy goes inside his godparents' fishbowl, about five (give or take a few minutes) in, he enters an arcade, where the music you hear when Mario grabs a super mushroom and grows plays twice & a chop.

Also, in a Mucha Lucha episode I saw a while ago, the main character is playing a computer game with 1-Up Mario noises and coin noises. That's about it for now.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »
Bumps are fine as long as they pertain to the topic. I also have something to add.

At the beginning of Futurama episode #1ACV01 ("Space Pilot 3000"), Fry is playing an arcade game called "Monkey Fracas Jr." He comments:
Quote from: Philip J. Fry
Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.
The game invloves flying a small spaceship past several Saturn-like planets until you get to one large one. A Donkey Kong-like gorilla pops out of the large one and throws barrels at the ship, which the player must shoot or dodge.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »
Thanks. I have every single Futurama sighting covered (just not posted).

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
hey in super mario bros there is this guy who looks just like mario! </sarcasm>
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 01:48:03 AM »
In before people screaming at this guy.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
I found a couple possible Mario references in Pikmin2.  One of the mushrooms you find is called the 'Growshroom'.  According to Olimar's notes, the ship believes that a person will grow giant if they eat it.  Also, the crown that you find looks a lot like Princess Peach's crown.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 05:40:50 PM »
Pikmin 2, eh?

-Bowser appears on the matchbox that Olimar calls "The Flame of Tommorrow".
-The paint tube (forgot what Olimar calls it) has the Mario Paint logo on it's side.

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »
-The paint tube (forgot what Olimar calls it) has the Mario Paint logo on it's side.

It's Decorative Goo. There is also a "Peach Pink" crayon and a Mario Paint eraser.

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 08:00:56 PM »
I know I'm bumping this, but in "The Fairly Oddparents!" episode where Timmy goes inside his godparents' fishbowl, about five (give or take a few minutes) in, he enters an arcade, where the music you hear when Mario grabs a super mushroom and grows plays twice & a chop.

Also, in a Mucha Lucha episode I saw a while ago, the main character is playing a computer game with 1-Up Mario noises and coin noises. That's about it for now.

In American Dragon: Jake Long (I don't like it) there is ALOT of Mario noises in there. I've heard Coin noises, Vine noises, Starman noises, and 1-Up noises.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
Anybody else see "Sally Forth" from yesterday/today?

Don't blame me for the coloring, I had nothing to do with it.

EDIT - Wait, does "Mario Cameos" only refer to references in other games?  Regardless...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:52:26 AM by Fifth »
Go Moon!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »
Their clothes look a lot like Luigi's getup from the Japanese OVA "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »
Aww, ya beat me to it, Koj.

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »
My brother was watching Class of 3000 (I was home from college) yesterday on the Cartoon Network and all of a suddan he was like, DONKEY KONG! I looked and that black dude with the ape problem was avoiding the barrels. That was pretty cool. Cartoon Network is famous of putting DK and Mario cameos in their cartoons, so i've heard...
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »
......Who still watches Cartoon Network?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print