Print

Author Topic: More Cameos NOT Included  (Read 37585 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 03:28:26 PM »
In the part where they go to the farm, as soon as they pull in there are super mushrooms growing by a post!
Also there is a triforce on a sign.
Subliminal messaging?
"it's always the present"

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
I saw a jeopardy episode around this time last year, with Super Mario as a category.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »
Two words: FRIGGIN" AWESOME!!! I beat no one got any right, did they?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:47 PM »
I bet even Trebeck had some problems there.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
According to Nintendo Power (June 2007 Issue), in the upcoming game Simcity DS, Bowser's Castle will be a piece of the Landmark Collection to build in one's city.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
Bowser's coming back to Simcity?  Awesome!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
Well, his Castle is, anyway. XD

.. and I think I saw that episode of Jeopardy. I don't think they had a Mario reference and Trebeck pronounced it "Merry-O".
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
I know. It was about famous people with the name Mario...

Only if G4 bought jeopardy would I think otherwise...

And they're just hurtin' for more programs...

especially if it's syndicated.

P.S. I think I saw an episode of Dexter's laboratory a few years back. It was about Dexter conning the repair man his parents hired to fix his lab, the guy looked suspiciously like a certain character...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
Speakng about lost cartoons I remember In The PowerPuff Girls two guys rob a bank (as always) They were called the Jackhammer Bros. Or something like that, they had green and red overalls If remember right.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »
I remember seeing Link and Navi (Hail the Mayor for killing Navi!) and Jigglypuff in PPG, but a play on the Marios?  I guess it's possible, since they did put quite a few Nintendo references in that show.
I remember that Dexter's Laboratory episode.  I just never thought much of the similarities, since the guy didn't have any red on him, nor did he have a brother in green working with him.  But now that I think of it, there are some vague similarities.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
Speakng about lost cartoons I remember In The PowerPuff Girls two guys rob a bank (as always) They were called the Jackhammer Bros. Or something like that, they had green and red overalls If remember right.

That was actually "My Life as  Teenage Robot", and those guys had mustaches like Wario and Waluigi, and talked like them too. I also could've sworn I heard the jump sound effect from SMW when they tried to escape from XJ9.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »

I heard there may be a "Goomba" in there somewhere too.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
I've been watching this show called Kappa Mikey lately (I like it's odd humor), and it is chock-full of reference to basically everything. There were these two kids that sounded like and had the same hair as Luffy from One Piece; they were just small, fat, and spoiled due to their father owning the biggest toy store in Tokyo. In one of the most recent (or the most reason) episodes, there is a doctor by the name of Dr. Katashi, who has a name, hair (yellow, though), and a left eye-covering headband that is an exact reference to Kakashi Hatake from the Naruto series.
Anyways...
The Mario cameo. Well, the protagonists in Kappa Mikey are a part of Lily-Mu Studios, which produces the Lily-Mu TV show (yes, a TV show about a TV show). The characters' own video game was just upon release, and they showed what the gameplay looked like in a commercial. What do you know, it was an exact replica of Donkey Kong level-wise; it just had the TV show protagonists fighting Gonard, the antagonist in the TV show, who was throwing barrels at them while two of the antagonists dodged and managed to reach the "princess."
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »

I heard there may be a "Goomba" in there somewhere too.
I saw that mentioned on the Angry Video Game Nerd's "Back to the Future" review.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »
I like how the game is so disassociated with the movie that all they can do is stick a logo in the corner to tell you what it is.
That was a joke.

Print