Poll

Something's missing and I feel it but what?

needs more members
4 (6.9%)
15 (25.9%)
nothing
7 (12.1%)
we're missing a board
5 (8.6%)
more toad
4 (6.9%)
more yoshi
4 (6.9%)
more luigi
5 (8.6%)
more anime
2 (3.4%)
QUALITY
12 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Print

Author Topic: Something's missing  (Read 11795 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:03 PM »
Wow, so profound.

A word followed by that word and nothing else is honestly is the most peeving phrase ever. It's rude and unnerving enough to say that with a reason, but with no reason at all it's just plain unintelligent. Even worse it that it's so overused and people deem that alone as worthy enough of a reason or explanation.

And no, I wasn't asking for an elaboration, either.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »
I agree with TEM.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 10:30:55 PM »
Hm. I don't know what is currently missing, but I know what I wish was missing...

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 11:49:16 PM »
I agree with CW.

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 09:35:06 PM »
Yeah, sorry if what I want is too much, but I want to delete/close topics and posts again. That's what's missing.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:49:28 PM by Aarom11 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »
Whaddyou wish was missing?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »
You know what's missing? More members need to be more active. I literally multi-task on this board and GameSpot's board. When I make 5 posts on GS, I check here and nothing new is posted. It's the same problem with Bird Person's thsndyr board.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:04:06 PM by Aarom11 »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 09:27:20 PM »
 There is no lack of members. A couple years ago, the forum was thriving with just a handful of "active members."

The problem, I believe, remains with the quality of threads and topics. You're seeing a decline of posting from other members because there are very few threads worth posting in. You can only post "Receives ....., puts in ....." so many times before it gets tiresome (Once).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame anyone, as I haven't exactly made any spectacular topics myself, and I understand some may view some of these "pointless" threads as attempts at drawing in new posts. Perhaps it's the age difference, or maybe it's just me being a stick in the mud, but with so very many mind numbingly simplistic and time wasting threads around, I'm finding myself less and less interested in posting.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:06 AM »
I voted for avatars and that we were missing a board.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »
There is no lack of members. A couple years ago, the forum was thriving with just a handful of "active members."

The problem, I believe, remains with the quality of threads and topics. You're seeing a decline of posting from other members because there are very few threads worth posting in. You can only post "Receives ....., puts in ....." so many times before it gets tiresome (Once).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame anyone, as I haven't exactly made any spectacular topics myself, and I understand some may view some of these "pointless" threads as attempts at drawing in new posts. Perhaps it's the age difference, or maybe it's just me being a stick in the mud, but with so very many mind numbingly simplistic and time wasting threads around, I'm finding myself less and less interested in posting.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm probably just looking at the forum at a different view. I'm actually going to say that most of my topics are pointless and I really wish that I can come up with something more creative. I mean, I'm not even supporting my own topics.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 02:59:39 PM »
just avatars for me

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »
Don't create topics if you can't think of any ideas for them.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 08:53:33 PM »
You know, I've always wondered why these forums don't have a dedicated "post your art/literature/music etc." sub-forum.  I think it'd give the creative people on the Fungi Forums a place to showcase their work.

Other than that, I think avatars would be nice.  Then again, avatars and pictures in signatures often make the boards really cluttered and sluggish.. so it isn't too bad, I suppose.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »
Lumpia's right. A place where we could all post our art and music would be nice. Maybe have like a drawing of the month thread in it. I don't really think much needs to be added but a a drinking fountain. I get kind of thirsty sitting at the computer for so long...
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:43:17 PM »
I agree with LD.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print