Print

Author Topic: The Sims 2 TMK Blowout! (For Real!)  (Read 8260 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 03:51:40 PM »
This new Sims game sounds pretty neat. I talked to a guy at an Apple Computer store about it though and he said it wouldn't run on a computer as old as mine.

My big question, though, is how sims get drunk off non alcoholic alcohol. Isn't that the equivalent of getting tipsy after some Welch's grape juice?

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
Even computers built as early as 2-3 years ago can't even run The Sims 2, sadly. My iMac is a G3, and definitely cannot run the game.

I do have the original though, and it's fun when I'm bored enough to play it. XD
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
Haha, my computer is six years old, so it really can't run it. I know I have a G3 in mine too because I was told to look for that on the side of the box when trying to find software.

A G3 with OS 9 seems to be obsolete these days, but I really don't need much in the way of software. I've got Word, Apple Works, Photoshop, Quicken, iTunes, Internet Explorer, AIM, a really old drawing program, and of course The Sims, plus a few other random things. I don't think I'm missing much significant there, right?

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 10:42:06 PM »
Not really. I used a few of those programs when I was at OS 9, myself. (my computer is also 6 years old. Made in Summer of 2000, if I recall correctly.)

When I first got my computer (it was a hand-me-down from my brother), it was equipped with Mac OS 9.0.4. It only had about 128 MB of RAM, clearly not enough for an upgrade to Mac OS X. I had used it on my father's computer beforehand and immediately got hooked to it.

Being stuck at OS 9, I had to wait until some money came along to purchase another RAM chip. Until then, I slowly upgraded it to 9.1, 9.2., 9.2.1, and 9.2.2 (the final version of OS 9). Then, after my birthday, I got a 256 MB RAM chip, totaling my RAM at 384 MB (though I realize, it's still not enough, as my applications quit themselves from time to time). Then, I got my father's disc for Mac OS X Jaguar (10.2), and upgraded to the greatness of Mac OS X. :D

After a year or so of 10.2.8, I upgraded to Panther (I illegally obtained that one thanks to BitTorrent, I felt bad about it immediately after installation). Stayed on 10.3.9 for a month, and then upgraded to Tiger (legitimately).

Unfortunately, I think Tiger'll be the end of the road for this computer. It's down to 5 GB in space, and can only barely run cool videos and stuff without lagging/crashing/burning.

Hopefully, I can get a new computer for myself for college. I'm hoping it can be a MacBook Pro.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 08:25:58 AM »
My Gaming Rig is six years old!
But I keep it hi-tech and up to standards by installing more RAM, Video Cards, Hard Drive Space.
The Ultimate Windows ME.
It runs The Sims 2 beautifully.

ATI Radeon 9925(?)
AT least 50$,
is what runs The Sims 2 for me.

I am saving money for the expansion packs, because I blew my money on the computer drivers already.

Okay, updates, updates! Expect your pictures of yourselves "simified" August 15th, Eastern US Time.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:36:04 AM by dude677 »
Most Wishy-Washy

Print